Saltier than a Mug...

Ricky

“Come on, Rae! Let’s go! We gon’ be late!” I yelled out to Reagan. My grand opening/launch party was tonight and she was taking forever to get dressed. She started getting dressed two hours ago and she’s still not ready.

“I’m coming, Schmoopie!” she yelled back.

                            Five minutes later she walked into the living room where I was seated. When I looked up at her, I realized why it took her two hours to get dressed. She was flawless. She had her locs twisted up into some type of updo which revealed her beautiful face. She had on this tight black dress that hugged every curve on body. Her fly most definitely matched my fly.

“You like what you see?” she said with a smirk after twirling around and striking a pose.

“Most definitely.” I said, licking my lips. I stood up and laced my arms around her waist.

“Nuh uh. Let’s go, little boy.” She said, pulling away from me and sashaying to the door. This chick was too much.

-----

“Are you ready?” Rae asked me as we walked up to the front of the venue where the launch part was being held. I looked over at her and smiled.

“I’m ready.” I assured her before leaning down and gracing her lips with a kiss.

                            I grabbed Rae’s hand and entered the building. As soon as people saw us, the room erupted in cheers. It was a surreal feeling to be recognized by a room full of people. I was even happier to have my girl right here by my side. We was on the rise together.

                            I entered the party and was immediately enveloped into hugs from family and handshakes from supporters. Every time I turned around, somebody was pulling me into some other conversation. I eventually noticed that my baby was no longer by my side. I don’t know what it was but at the moment, I really needed her.

                            I excused myself from the current conversation and searched the party for Reagan. I was relieved when I saw her standing near the bar talking to Jewel and Darren.

“The man of the hour!” Darren called out when he saw me walking up. I smiled and threw a nod his way.

“What up, dawg?” I greeted, dapping him up. “Wassup Jewel.” I said giving her a side hug.

“Hey Ricky. Congratulations on your success! Don’t forget me when you make it to the top.” She said with a laugh.

“I most definitely won’t.” I assured her. “Aye baby let me talk to you real quick.” I said, grabbing Rae’s hand and walking outside to a secluded patio area.

“What’s wrong Schmoopie?” she asked me with concern written all over her face.