Weird Sensations:Part 1

Reagan

Sorry class but for personal reason I will have to cancel class today. Class will resume next Monday. Have a nice weekend.

I sighed as I pressed send on an e-mail to my students. I hated cancelling class, especially so soon into the semester. But, I  just couldn't do it today. I wasn't necessarily feeling bad but I most definitely wasn't feeling good. My body felt weird.

As I drove over to my doctor's office, an incoming call interrupted my music.

"Good morning Ricky." I greeted him.

"Good morning, boo. What's wrong?" he asked. I guess he could sense the stress in my voice.

"Nothing. I just had to cancel class this morning because I don’t feel well. I'm headed to the doctor's office right now." I informed.

"Ok. Call me when you're leaving the doctor's office. I'll meet you at your house with some lunch." he offered.

"Alright, baby. I'll talk to you later." I said with a soft smile, he was being supportive yet allowing me my space.

"Take care, boo. Call me if you need me." he said before hanging up.

"Hello, I made an appointment to see Dr. Lee this morning." I informed the receptionist.

"You must be Reagan Jackson?" she asked, glancing down at her clipboard.

"Correct." I answered with a smile.

"Alrighty. Take a seat, fill out these papers and the doctor should be with you shortly." she said, handing me a clipboard with a medical history questionnaire on it.

I looked around the waiting room and saw a vacant seat that was somewhat distant from everyone else in the room. I didn't want be around anyone. I just really wanted to be by myself. I was worried.

"Reagan Jackson!" the nurse called out as soon as I finished filling out the last form.

I followed the nurse into a small examination room. Where she instructed me to slip on a hospital gown and take a seat on the table. Less than five minutes later, the doctor entered the room.

"Hello, Ms. Jackson." Dr. Lee greeted me with a huge smile. He was a middle-aged Asian man with a deep voice.

"Hello, Dr. Lee." I greeted with a smile.

"So what seems to be the problem?" he asked, looking over my charts and taking a seat on his rolling chair.

"I've been feeling really weird lately. I have had this strange sensation in my stomach for months now and in recent days its become a deeper pain." I described to him.

"Is it constant or recurring?" he asked.

"It's recurring. It happens at night mostly and it keeps me from sleep." I told him.

"What are your periods like? Heavy, light, spotty?" he asked.

"They've been really spotty." I told him. He glanced at my vitals chart once more.

"Have you noticed that you've gained about twenty pounds since your last doctors visit?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I've noticed. Things have been stressful recently though. Deaths in the family and relationship issues. I've been eating my feelings doc." I said with a laugh.

"Hmph. Reagan, lay back on this table here. We're gonna do a quick ultrasound." he instructed me.

I laid back as he plugged up the machine. I winced as he placed a dollop of cold gel on my tummy. He started to roll an instrument connected to the machine back and forth over my tummy. I was surprised by the noise that I heard.

"Dr. Lee what's that noise?" I asked him, alarmed.

"Calm down, Reagan. That sensation that you've been feeling is your unborn moving around in your stomach and kicking you. That explains why you haven't had much of a period lately and why you're consuming so much food. You're eating for two. That noise is the sound of a healthy baby's heartbeat. Congratulations, in about three months you'll be giving birth to a baby boy." he informed me.

Everything after his last sentence was a blur. My breathing became erratic and then I started to hyperventilate.

"No, doc, this must be some mistake. I can't be pregnant. I'm not ready to be a mom." I said.

"Reagan, I need you to calm down. Take a deep breath. Deep breath in...now exhale slowly."he instructed me. I exhaled as tears ran down my face. "I'll give you a few minutes."

I instinctively pulled out and called the one person that I could turn to.

"Mommy can you come pick me up fro the doctor's office?" I asked her clear enough so that she detect tears in my voice.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." she said without a question.

**************************

Rae's pregnant ya'll!!!!! Predictions? Whose the daddy? F.Y.I it aint Schmoopie!Part 2 will be posted tonight!