The nameless bird

You are busy with the children of the orphanage, teaching them how to draw and paint but you aren't well and as the days pass your health declines.

You have stopped going out of your room as you lack strength, you mostly lie like a lifeless body on your bed all the time. You take countless pills, but seems like there is no effect.

A doctor comes to see you everytime when you are unconscious, he doesn't ask much. He acts like he already knows you but you have no idea who he is.

Sister Maria is concerned about you, she prays for you at one time and cries in silence at the other. She holds your hands tightly everytime the doctor gives you vitamin injections but you show no sign of improvement.

Sister Maria tries to divert your mind from that pinching pain of the injections by showing you a shirt she got from the cupboard "This dress has the same design as your tattoo".

You give a look at it but the medicines have caged your subconscious making you unable to speak.

The night gets darker when you hear the same sound of that nameless bird, so familiar, so unique that wakes you up.

You try to avoid like it doesn't exists but this is the most enchanting melody you have heard. You listen to it as it sings for you until your spirit is calmed.

You prefer days than nights as the nights are dark and cold but the days are smilingly warm with the children who come to your room spraying naughtiness and laughing their hearts off.

There is a television in your room which you switch on only once and that too, for the children's cartoon.

You are happy when you see them all socked up in the content, all your attention lies in smile curves, their faces has unknowingly, your favourite time of the day but everything has a time limit and it's time for their lunch.

"Time's up" you say though you don't want them to leave. They are well aware of their routines so they leave the room, mannerly giving you a forehead kiss.

You are alone in the room again, stuck in your bed. You randomly shuffle the channels, though you are least interested in the cable content, when you see a familiar face.

You see him smiling on the screen, good at everything, so perfect, feels like you have never seen this side of him.

'Do you even see me, do you know who I am or how do I look now? You don't like me like that' you see yourself as if you are paralysed, your heart, body and soul 'I wish I could listen to your beautiful heart, I want to paint it like you' your thoughts emerges as you look at him, trying to figure out, why that face feels like important to you?

You didn't miss Jungkook all this time like you totally forgot everything that was hurting you, you were numb, you didn't think of the person you love, not even once, you realize, after you see his face.

You are crying like a miniac suddenly, how can you forget him? How can you not remember? You are ashamed. You have a sudden urge to see him, to touch him.

You manage to get up to your cupboard pulling out all of the dresses in it, to find the one you had forgotten.

You finally find his shirt, the first one that you made for him. You hug it tightly, 'I missed you, I missed you ' his absence speaks as your tears falls.

Sister Maria panics after she enters, she see you breaking down holding the shirt. She moves closer to hug you.

"I forgot him, how can I?" You sob.

"Say it all" Sister wants you to tell all the sufferings you buried deep within.

"I love him, I love the owner of this shirt" you show her "Everything holds a meaning but I can't recall anything, I can't" you don't understand what has happened to you, you remember that you love him but you have no memory of him.

"Who is he? She is reminded about the pattern.

"Maybe someone I can't reach" you are doubtful.

"How did you meet him?"

"How did I meet him?" You repeat "I have no idea how" you are spaced out.

You are scared because you know, you don't hold a record of something that is very precious to you.

You are trying hard of find anything down your memory lane but you are left alone with just one truth and that is he has your heart.

"I am forgetting things, I even forgot that I loved him" you are so irritated at yourself.

You see sister Maria assuring you that you are going to remember everything as she helps you to get back to your bed. Your hunt to remember is suffocating you as you lie motionless on the bed.

She hands you pills as your eyes are clinging to the rooftop. The medicines don't favour you much like always, making you sleepy.

But even in your sleep you listen to the nameless bird, so familiar, so unique out there for you working better than the medicines.

[A/n]

You all are my best friends.

Love xoxo ♥️