Pied Piper

You reach to the rooftop of the building where your apartment is. The rooftop has a mini garden which is a result of your efforts- blooming colours and smells at the sides. A long wooden bench on the way in.

The apartment is a small room but good and affordable for a person to live.

'I need to rush' you say as you keep the packet on the couch.

You change your t-shirt into a pink loose shirt and are ready to leave after you have a bowl of ramen with some kimchi that you have had in your small refrigerator.

You give a look at the packet 'I don't want to take you but I have no other option' you pick the shoulder bag but then you are tempted to see that metallic silver.

'Just this once' you hesitatingly put it on as you look in the mirror, the necklace runs down your neck beautifully.

You reach to the office you are a dress designer working in a well known firm "The craftswork" as an intern. After all the hard work and slave like experience from carrying the bags, or arranging wardrobes to serving out the coffee, you finally have your first major project where you are free to put in your ideas to create a world of your dreams and only you are aware of the blood, sweat, tears you have put in.

You are showered with a keen stare of Kim Nara as you reach to your seat "Where were you?" She explodes.

"What did I miss?" You ask to Nara and sit right next to her.

Nara too is an intern who has nothing much to brag about like you but still in a better state as this is her second major project.

"There was an emergency" you reply before going to the chief manager's room.

"Good morning" you hesitate as you enter standing beside his table.

"Where were you?" he yells "I had never thought you'd be so careless" he faces you.

"There was an emergency" you whisper with your eyes stuck to the ground.

"You should've called, at least" he adds clutching his fingers on the table.

"I am sorry sir" you are embarrassed.

"I can't trust you with such an important project" he scoffs.

"Please sir, give me one last chance....." you beg "I will prove my capability" you try to convince.

"A chance? Okay....I will give one" he smirks like he is planning something for you "but you aren't a part until you prove yourself".

"I will" you are confident.

"The group is going to meet our client at their office, join them" he adds before you leave.

"I still have a chance" you tell Nara who is waiting for a report.

Your group has five more members apart from you and Nara. They are all seniors who have various accomplishments under their belt. Mrs young is in her late forties and the head incharge of the group.

You are 22, the youngest in the group and rest everyone is older to your age even Nara who is 25.

You reach to the high rise building which is shining rainbows as the light falls on it.

"Let me give you a quick summary" Nara says as she walks beside you "It is one of the high achieving entertainment company. We have worked with them a couple of times but just as a substitute"

"A substitute" you shake your head.

"But if we succeed in this tie-up, we will be called as the main designers for them" she seems excited.