Chapter 33

After a few more conversations, everyone was sent back to their dorms. John and Blyke were walking when Blyke suddenly spoke up.

"It's weird...thinking about having a hidden power deep inside me. It's almost like I'm a Dragon Ball character." He looked at his hands.

"I told you your ability has potential. If you can awaken your true aura, I'm sure you could defeat even Arlo." Blyke clenched his fists and looks at John.

"Then I guess I'm gonna train my ass off. John, we should fight. I want to see where I'd stand against you."

"Maybe tomorrow. I'm ready to sleep after today." He yawned as they approached their dorm and they both went inside. John went right to bed, but Blyke just couldn't seem to sleep.

"I've been feeling different when I use my ability...like, there's so much more it can do that I'm not thinking about." His mind wandered to John using his ability. He was able to make mini-beams on his fingers now, but that still didn't mean he was good. It wouldn't be enough to do anything.

"I'm sure you could defeat even Arlo."

Arlo. Blyke remembered his last fight with Arlo. Even with Isen helping, they were powerless to stop him. Sitting up, Blyke got dressed and left the dorm room, making a call to Remi.

"Blyke? You don't usually call this late. What's up?"

"Hey Rem, I was wondering if you wanted to fight? I have some ideas I want to try out, and your ability seems perfect for it."

"Sure, I'll get ready now. Where are we meeting?"

"In the courtyard. That'll be fine for now."

Blyke sat down and waited, looking at the night sky. He stared at the full moon, found himself reaching for it.

"Hey Blyke." Remi called out, startling him.

"AHH SH*T!" She began to laugh.

"Did I scare you that bad?" Blyke didn't respond, as his face turned bright red. Standing up, he looked over at Remi and took his jacket off.

"I'm ready to start whenever you are Rem." They both activated their abilities, and Remi made the first move. She shifted her right foot slightly, sending a stream of lightning towards Blyke, who used his ability to maneuver around it. Remi smirked and pointed at Blyke, who was barely able to dodge the bolt that followed. Taking a deep breath, he bent his knees and began to focus his ability into his fingertips, surprising Remi. He shot all 10 beams at Remi, and for the most part she was able to dodge them. She was struck by three of them, one through her shoulder, another through her leg and the other managed to cut her cheek.

"Are you okay Remi?!" He ran for her, but she held her hand out.

"I can keep going. You've gotten stronger Blyke, but let's see you keep up with me at 100%." Remi's body began to emit more lightning, and Blyke used his ability to create some more distance.

"Okay Remi, bring it on!" She smirked and disappeared, appearing behind Blyke.

"Whu-" He didn't have time to think as he was suddenly struck by a decent amount of lightning. Finding it hard to move, Blyke managed to move one of his fingers and shoot a beam at Remi, effectively making her move away and allowing him to escape.

"If she hits me like that again, I might not win. What would John do?" Suddenly, he had an idea. Remi was never able to penetrate Arlo's barrier. He smirked.

"Is that all Remi?"

"Alright Blyke, you asked for this!" She began charging lightning in her hands, and shot it at Blyke.

"If this doesn't work, she's gonna fry me. Oh well, worth a shot!" Blyke once again bent his knees, but clenched his fists instead, as his red aura flared from him. Remi noticed he wasn't moving, and started to show concern.

"Is he going to let himself be hit?" Her lightning struck Blyke, who was temporarily stunned by the amount of power that she sent his way. Pushing it out of his mind, his aura flared and soon the red had some yellow leak into it as he repelled her lightning, stunning her. Not giving her time to think, Blyke quickly sent another 10 beams at her, and rushed her. She tried to avoid them and Blyke, but even with her speed she couldn't dodge so many attacks. For some reason, it felt like this wave was even faster than the previous one! One beam hit her hand, and Blyke put his elbow into her stomach, knocking her back. He panted, and noticed her ability had deactivated as she lied still.

"I won..." He thought, before running towards her and picking her up.

"Sh*t, I didn't think I'd knock her out." He made his way to Elaine's dorm and knocked. After waiting a minute, Seraphina answered.

"Blyke? Wait, what happened?!"

"Hey, Seraphina. It's nothing too serious, we were fighting and you can see what happened." She looked at him to see if he was lying, but when she couldn't find a trace of one, she went to get Elaine who had just went to bed. After a minute or two of waiting, Elaine emerged in blue pajamas.

"Of all the times to decide to fight her, you chose 11 pm to do it?"

"Woah, it's really that late?" Elaine bent down and began to heal Remi. After the more serious wounds were healed, Remi opened her eyes.

"Elaine...? Where am I?"

"You're in my dorm. Blyke brought you here."

"Blyke did...?" The fight came rushing back to her, and instead of feeling sad, she smiled brightly.

"He beat me. Blyke's a high-tier!"