Chapter 6

A man walked out of a plane, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket. He looked at it, and smiled.

Meanwhile, Arlo was walking through the hallway. He spaced out, not paying attention to what the man next to him was saying.

"Arlo?" Arlo didn't respond.

"Arlo!" He snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh? Come again?"

"You've been spacing out a lot this week. Everything okay?" Arlo would've responded but he bumped John. When he looked to see who it was, all Arlo felt was fear.

"Hey! Who do you think you are?!" Arlo heard his friend yell as he noticed him grab John.

"WHAT? YOU AGAIN?! Didn't you learn your lesson from last time?" John looked at him, and didn't say anything. The man clenched his fists and activated his ability.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to-"

"Trash..." John said, activating his ability, to the surprise of everyone in the hallway. Arlo activated his ability and grabbed John, pinning him to the wall. John kneed Arlo in the stomach, making him double over in pain. John then kicked him over, and activated the barrier, pinning Arlo and making him bow down on his knees. He looked at him, and then looked at everyone else watching. They took a step back in fear. 

"..." John watched them. Memories of New Bostin came back. How when he became King, the looks on everyone's face. They were all scared. They all talked. And how much he just wanted them to shut up.

He clenched his fists until a voice played back in his head.

"Monster."  He stopped, and looked down at Arlo to see him struggling. He sighed, and closed his eyes, deactivating his ability. Everyone looked at him in fear as he walked away, saying nothing else. They had just watched the "cripple" defeat the King. This was going to be chaos to fix, but as John walked away, Arlo sat there, staring at his back with his fists clenched.

"..."

Meanwhile, Sera was sitting on a couch in John's house playing on her phone when the door opened.

"You're home early—" Sera saw the man enter the house and noticed it wasn't John.

"Wait, you're not John!" The man said.

"Neither are you..."

"Uh oh. Did I write down the wrong address? Please tell me I didn't just break into someone's house..."

"Oh! You're John's dad! You two look so alike!"

"Ah. You must be Seraphina!" Sera stood up and shook his hand.

"It's great to finally meet you!"

"Likewise, Mister—"

"Please, call me William!"

"John talks about you quite a bit."

"He does? Well, that's kind of embarrassing. Where is he, anyway?"

"Oh, school just let out, so he's probably on his way back now."

"Huh? How'd you get here so soon then?"

"I'm suspended."

"Suspende-! How'd you pull that off?"

"I got caught reading a certain book. You probably know of it. It's called "Unordinary"." William tensed a little at the mention of the book.

"Uh...I-is that so?"

"I see now. The reason he wanted a new copy was because his old one was confiscated."

"It's okay though. My suspension ends this Friday at 4PM. I'll move back to the dorms by then."

"Wait a sec, my son's been keeping a girl at his place this whole time? John, we have a lot to talk about..."

"I didn't realize you two were so close. He wouldn't give that book away so easily. Sorry it got you into trouble."

"Nah, it's my fault I got caught."

"But to be honest, I'm surprised Wellston didn't end up kicking you out because of it." Sera stood there for a second before giving a confident smirk.

"They would never get rid of me."

"...John was that strong. And he still got himself expelled." This caught Sera's attention.

"Expelled? How does a cripple get expelled?" William looked at her funny.

"A cripple? John's not a cripple." Before this conversation could go any further, John walked in the door.

"Hey Sera, I'm bac-" John then noticed his dad standing there.

"What the f-"

"John! Welcome home!"

"D-dad! What are you doing here?!"