Chapter 28

Blyke and Remi sat down on a bench in the park, talking about their classes.

"Dude, Biology makes me want to shoot myself with my own ability." Remi started to chuckle.

"It can't be that bad. If you didn't sleep in class it would be a lot easier, you know."

"Hey, I don't sleep in that class." Blyke tried to defend himself, but Remi just gave him a look like she knew otherwise.

"So if I ask Isen he won't send me a photo of you sleeping? You know how he is." Blyke turned away with his face red, and Remi knew she had won.

"Say Remi, why are you so interested in John?" Remi's face turned red slightly at the question.

"I-interested? I'm just curious, that's all."

"YeahhhhhhokayIbelieveyou."

"You don't think it's weird? Someone as strong as John...allowing himself to be beaten so much." Blyke only sat in thought about it.

"It is strange...then to suddenly become King? Whatever Arlo did must've been pretty bad."

"I'm not sure. All I know is, I've got a few questions I want to ask John."

"Ask me what?" John tapped Blyke on the shoulder, making him scream as the people that were around stared in confusion.

"John, you azzhole!" John, Seraphina and Remi just laughed at him.

"You should've seen the look on your face. It was like 😱."

"Hmph!" Blyke turned his head away in embarrassment.

"Hey Seraphina. How're you feeling?" Remi approached her with a smile.

"I'm feeling better, but my ability still hasn't returned."

"I'm sure it will soon. After all, it's only been a couple of days."

"So where are we going?" John cut in, trying to drop the conversation as soon as he could.

"Uh actually, I wanted to ask you a couple questions and ask for some tips." Blyke said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"What about?"

"Well...your ability. It amplifies abilities doesn't it? What do you think you could do with mine?" John thought for a minute. Blyke had a versatile ability for sure. He'd never really tried it before. He activated his ability and stole Blyke's aura.

"You won't get this right away, but keep practicing this and you'll be better." John extended his fingers, and on the end of each finger was a small beam charging up, surprising everyone there.

"Woah..." Sera said out loud.

"John's ability is so...it's so strong. Could he copy mine?" Blyke began trying to charge mini beams on his fingers, but found that he was only able to use two fingers on each hand.

"Just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll get it down." He turned his attention to Remi.

"Your ability has a lot of potential too. You're just not thinking about it. You know how lightning is energy released from the ground right? Use that to your advantage. Instead of attacking them head-on, strike them from below."

"I'd never thought of it that way...maybe that's why Rei was able to beat Arlo so much! Thanks John!" She grabbed his hands, causing both of them to blush slightly as she pulled away slightly. While John's face was turned, Seraphina gave Remi a thumbs up and Blyke mouthed the words "I knew it." She blushed heavily and chased after Blyke.

"Get back here!" Blyke laughed and ran into someone.

"Hey man, you alright?" Blyke asked, getting up and helping up the boy he ran into. The boy had blue eyes, and his hair nearly covered his right eye. He had black hair, and was only a couple inches taller than Blyke ((Basically, just look up Devil Survivor 2 if you want to understand the name Io and the design)).

"Yeah, I'm okay." The boy brushed himself off as soon as he got up.

"Say, your name wouldn't happen to be Blyke would it?" The boy asked.

"Actually it is, who are you?"

"Ah, let me introduce myself. My name is Io Vil. My father is a teacher at Wellston. He told me you'd be looking after me." Io extended his hand, and Blyke took it as everyone else soon approached.

"See Blyke! You never watch where you're going! I'm sorry that he ran into you." Remi said, talking to Io.

"No no, it's fine really. So you're the Queen I've been hearing about." Io said, catching them off guard. John just stared at Io, studying his aura.

"His aura...it's different. It's there, but it feels off. Reminds me of..." John had a flashback to Keon, an clenched his fist slightly.

"I am. My name is Remi. And you must be Io."

"Yep." Io looked at John, and extended his hand.

"I hope we can get along." John looked at his hand and eventually took it.

"Yeah. We'll see how it goes." John said, managing to slip his discomfort by Blyke but Sera and Remi caught onto it. Io and Blyke continued to talk while Sera pulled him aside.

"Something wrong John?"

"His aura...I've felt it before."