Enough For Now - Bastian Schweinsteiger {PART 2}

«Enough For Now» a Bastian Schweinsteiger short story.

>Part 2: "Still Some Way To Go"

....

The amount of cheese in this is enough to give you all cholesterol.

You've been warned.

________________________________________________

I am lost. Figuratively and literally. No seriously I have no clue where I am, it feels like I'm exactly in the middle of nowhere.

After I stormed out of the party, I just kept walking away, not really knowing where I was going which is why I found myself completely lost.

I must've been walking for about 20 good minutes by now. My makeup was smudged all over my face, I couldn't stop crying, I was practically limping, the temperature outside had to be about a zillion degrees below zero and my dress was creased everywhere. My feet ached badly so I just stopped in the middle of the empty pavement and slipped out of my heels.

I sat on the edge of the sidewalk and rested my head on my knees, crying even harder.

God, when did everything get so messed up?

When Basti decided to propose, that's when.

Good lord, Bastian, I can only imagine how he feels right now. He must really hate me. Then again that's pretty understandable, I would hate me too if someone did to me what I just did to him. But what was I supposed to do really? Say yes and then change my mind once we got home because deep down I know it doesn't feel right?

It's not as much about Bastian as it is about marriage itself. I'm just not ready. Bastian and I have known each other for a bit over a year and we've been dating for 10 months. It's way too soon, way too rushed.

I inhaled deeply and opened my clutch bag which I thankfully managed to grab before storming away from the party. I almost choked not finding my phone in it.

So in the matter of one evening, I managed to lose my boyfriend, my dignity and my phone... Can it get any worse?

This is all too much to handle, my head is going to burst. How the hell am I going to find my way home now? I buried my face into the palm of my hands before bursting into more tears.

That's when I heard the sound of a car engine a few meters away. I shot up and saw a car stopping right in front of me. The window rolled down and I was shocked to find Manuel behind the steering wheel.

"Come on you hobo, get in" he said with a sympathetic smile.

I breathed in relief and got up, grabbing my shoes before climbing into the front passenger seat of his car.

---

I know Manu figured I wasn't exactly in the mood to engage in a conversation right now, but I also know he expected me to say something. I kept my gaze outside the window sniffling lightly.

"How'd you find me?" I finally ask, breaking the silence.

"Bastian asked me to look for you" he said calmly "He was your ride to the party and he figured you would need someone to get you home."

I stared at Manu, wide eyed.

What a way to make me feel even worse.

I can't believe Bastian thought about that even after I shattered his heart to pieces.