Mayhem - Robin Van Persie & Joe Hart {PART 1}

A lot of you guys wanted it, so here it is: The two-part sequel of "What Could Have Been"!

"What Could Have Been" is the 12th one shot in this book, it's the one with Robin Van Persie.

Like I said before, when it comes to sequels you HAVE to read the first part first because the plot follows directly the one of What Could Have Been!!

Dedicated to AzraD123 ;)

_____________________________________

Victoria came back from work that day and opened her mailbox like she always did. As usual, bills, magazines and other junk mail fell out from the metallic box. As she bent down to pick up the ones that had escaped her grasp, her attention was caught by a tastefully decorated cream colored envelope.

Intrigued, she flipped it over to find her name printed in elegant lettering. The letter had come from Manchester and the sender's address was one she knew very well.

Feeling the thump in her chest grow faster, Victoria took the envelope inside her flat and closed the door behind, knowing it was probably a good idea to be sitting down before opening the letter.

Once she had taken place on a stool around her kitchen island, she started undoing the sealed envelope. Apprehension and dread slowed down her movements and it took her a few seconds to even lay eyes on the words printed on the cardboard.

You are cordially invited to the wedding of

Stephanie Kline & Robin Van Persie

Saturday, July 12th, 2015 at four o'clock in the afternoon
Cheshire hall, Manchester, England

---

Victoria stared blankly at the open bottle of wine and her half-emptied glass lying on the table next to the wedding invitation. She couldn't bring herself to look away from the cream colored cardboard, as if she wanted to torture herself a little bit more by the sight of it.

Fidgeting with the little note that came along with the invitation, her eyes filled with tears that she didn't have the strength to let fall down her cheeks. She had read Stephanie's handwritten message so many times that she could recite every word of it by now.

My dear Victoria,

I'm taking some time away from the craze of wedding planning to write you this message. I know I could've just called but this seems a bit more ceremonial and you, of all people, know how much I love formalities.

First of all, how are you? I hope you're doing great in Southampton. I feel like we've been way too distant these past few months. I wish you would talk to me a bit more Vic, I miss you... Then again it was kind of expected; after you moved halfway across England, nothing has been quite the same unfortunately...

Anyway, for my part, I'm really sorry I've been kind of silent, but I'm sure you know why by now: I'm getting married!

You see, Robin proposed a few months ago and we decided that we didn't want to stay engaged for too long. He signed a contract with Fenerbahce, a Turkish club, and we're both moving to Turkey after the wedding. I'm going to be honest with you, that has a lot to do with why we're hurrying the marriage process a little.

Part of the reason why I'm writing this letter is to ask you, with all the razzle-dazzle that a handwritten letter offers, to be my maid of honor! You're my best friend Victoria, and there's no one, other than you, I'd want beside me on my big day.