12 | distracted

[NOT EDITED]

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

After getting off the boat, Illumi with his perfect disguise roamed the island to seek any unlucky participants that would come across his deadly pins. He had already memorized every participant's badge number from the start of the exam so he knew exactly who his target was.

Not long after aimlessly walking through the forest, Illumi felt a presence following him. Moving around discreetly, he was able to sense out that the person tailing him had a sniper and was currently on a treetop aiming directly at his head.

Tch, how annoying. Did you really think you were all that stealthy? Even a baby bird would have been able to hear you from miles away, he thought. (Levi? Is that you? Lmao, sorry.)

Before the sniper could figure out that his target had already immediately caught on to his presence and location, Illumi nimbly shot out several pins laced with poison.

The sniper was so focused on securing a headshot that his reaction time faltered and made him unable to dodge the incoming pins. The man's last view before his pitiful death was the back of Illumi's head. Dying instantly on impact, he fell down the many layers of leaves and branches before crashing onto the forest floor.

Illumi went to grab the dead man's badge from the pocket of his vest and continued on his merry way of exploring the island until he found his own target.

Like every other participant, the idiot was cocky and faced him head-on.

"Are you ready to die?" Illumi's target asked as he readied his spear.

Illumi said nothing in return because one, insects like these aren't worth his time and two, he was thinking about the discovery of his long-lost sister and how he would tell his family back on the mountain.

The man ran toward Illumi in his disguise, striking and aiming to cut off the pinned man's head.

Illumi half-heartedly struck the man's back while dodging the weapon charging at him.

The man coughed out blood after his internal organs were mushed from the sheer impact of Illumi's fist.

Before Illumi was able to finish off his prey, the injured man ran and escaped through the bushes.

Tch. I need to stop letting myself get so distracted. Oh well, he's heading towards him anyways.

»»—————-🕐—————-««

"It was my bad, I was too careless and let him get away."

"You let him get away because you knew he'd eventually end up challenging me," Hisoka knew that his 'friend' was lying, "I can't blame you, after all, we've gotta somehow find entertainment around here~."

As Illumi had gotten the badge from his target, he had enough points to pass this phase. He gave the badge from the annoying sniper to Hisoka because he had no use for it-- it would only be extra baggage.

Hisoka gladly took the badge from him, lessening his workload. He had gotten hurt back in the tower when he was carrying the little lady through the hall of lasers.

Then, Illumi started to take out the pins from his face, changing him back to his original stoic face with his long midnight locks.

Although the two had already felt a presence earlier watching them in the dark shadows of the greenery, they felt a new one approaching them. The little boy had no killing intent and thus they let him be, especially since the red-headed magician had already made up his mind that he was going to let the boy's potential bloom.

As the presence got closer to them, the two recognized who it was.

Hisoka, although he kept a blank face, was quite excited to reunite with the beautiful girl after parting on the ship and was curious as to why she was snooping around like the younger Freeccs.

Illumi, on the other hand, was having a micro internal panic attack because he had just taken off his disguise, and was not fully ready to face his younger sister with his real identity.

"You can reveal yourself, girlie,~" Hisoka teased, "I said I don't bite, remember?"

"Hisoka," Illumi warned, his void black eyes filled with a forming contempt.

Illumi was unsure whether Hisoka found out who Desdemona really was back in the tower. Despite the fact that they were only reunited today, a feeling of irritation flushed over him whenever the clown flirted with his sister.

The Zoldyck family wasn't always this cruel and emotionless. In fact, although they were ruthless assassins, the other reality was that they were a tight-knit and loving family.

—————————

What?? The Zoldycks, a loving family? Surely Illumi must be on magic mushrooms or something because there's no way that it was the truth. Right? Guess we'll have to find out in the next chapter of Sweet Talker!

Hi everyone! I'm finally done with my first year of college! Chapter 10 is a long boi and so I'm splitting it into 3 parts! Stay tuned :)

-bee out!