16 | blood-red eyes

[NOT EDITED]

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

IT TOOK A FEW SECONDS for Desdemona to process what she had heard from his mouth. Soon, her face flushed as red as Hisoka's hair.

It was a lovely sight to see. And Hisoka was soaking it up like a desert traveller finding an oasis after so many days without water. At this point, the mere sight of the girl losing her composure made him feel a certain way. Usually, it'd be death and blood that would satiate this feeling but this time, all he wanted— no, needed— was her.

Although the magician was prone to joking around, Desdemona knew that he was not joking. Not with the way he was looking at her like she was little red riding hood and he was the hungry wolf.

She thought about her options. While she could find two other participants for their badges and pass the phase, Gon was injured and immobilized, at least for the next few days. She could never bring herself to leave his side and leave him vulnerable for any reason. On the other hand, compared to the situation at hand, a mere kiss didn't mean much. Desdemona did not have the luxury of being a shy maiden who preached chastity and such, after all, she knew she was already going to hell regardless.

"So? What's your decision, Desdemona?" Hisoka asked, his eyes never leaving her frame.

Chills ran up the girl's spine.

'He has never said my name like that before', Desdemona thought. And for a reason that Desdemona couldn't point out, she felt oddly gravitated towards the man in front of her.

'Snap out of it, Des. He hurt Gon and he even explicitly stated that he wanted to kill Gon, maybe not this day but some day.'

"Fine. I'll accept your proposal."

Hisoka's eyes widened at her response. While he wasn't joking, he also didn't think Desdemona would agree to something like that. Despite this, he spent no time flashing right in front of her.

Desdemona braced herself as she looked up at him, her heart racing.

When Hisoka went in for what he was promised, he just noticed that she was much shorter than him. Something about her small, delicate frame made him want to monopolize it.

Soon, he felt something soft and warm touch his lips and he couldn't get enough of it.

Their breaths intertwined and soon Hisoka's surprisingly gentle kiss grew with passion. After tasting her sweetness, he hungered for more.

The two were hypnotized by one another, Desdemona completely forgetting that her brother was laying unconscious on the ground next to her.

Desdemona didn't know how much time had passed. She started to struggle when she felt herself running out of breath and tried to push Hisoka's chest to get him off of her. But the man's grip around her waist was relentless, he wasn't going to let up anytime soon, he needed to reap every last bit of this deal.

"Get... off... of... me!" Desdemona huffed as she tried pushing even harder.

"Get off of her!" A voice yelled from below and Hisoka finally broke apart from the girl, his arms still around her.

Desdemona took advantage of the split second that Hisoka was distracted and pushed with all her might.

"I'm gonna kill you, you bastard!" Gon exclaimed as he tried to stand once again, "How dare you take advantage of my sister like that!"

"Enough, Gon! You're gonna hurt yourself!" Desdemona flew next to Gon and supported him with all the strength she had left in her body. Her kiss with Hisoka had left her breathless and numb.