8 | cards with a killer clown

[NOT EDITED]

THIRD-PERSON POV

IT SEEMS THAT THE DUO WAS THE FIRST ONE TO REACH THE BOTTOM. She couldn't believe that this round was over so quickly. Maybe she was lucky that she ended up with Hisoka, without him, she would be totally screwed.

Desdemona awkwardly stood there while the other made his way in front of a stone wall. He sat down and got out his playing cards. The same cards he used to kill all those people and hounds. 

Feeling her gaze on him, Hisoka looked up and offered her a game.

"Do you know how to play any card game?"

"No."

"I'll teach you then. Come closer, I don't bite."

She doubted that. She knew that when the man in front of her fought, he resembled a feral beast.

She made her way to where Hisoka was setting up the cards and sat in front of him.

Hisoka taught the girl how to play several card games in a civil manner. After playing for a few hours, Desdemona soon forgot that she sat in front of a maniac. She had also not noticed that other examinees had made their way down the tower.

They looked at Desdemona like she was crazy to be interacting and playing a card game with Hisoka

»»—————-🕐—————-««

Soon, someone came up to the two and sat adjacent to them.

The man made a few clicking noises which made Hisoka look up from his hand of cards and at the other man.

"Didn't think it would take you that long to make it down here," Hisoka said with a smile.

"Who's this?" Desdemona asked, curiosity getting the best of her. She looked at the pale man covered in pins.

"My friend. Gittarackur." Hisoka introduced with a glint in his eyes that Desdemona failed to catch.

Despite knowing what kinds of friends someone like Hisoka would have, she was raised to be polite so she introduced herself.

"Hello. I'm Desdemona." She introduced herself with a light smile.

The two men did nothing but stare at her for what seemed like ages as if they were entranced by something.

Hisoka stares at the girl in front of him. He knew better than to be enrapt by her appearance, but there was something about her that made him want to keep her in his arms forever. A part of him knew that it was just her ability, but he couldn't help but think about what he did. He has had a rough past that made him turn into someone who couldn't trust anyone. Even the 'friend' Hisoka sat next to would kill him if it benefitted him.

Speaking of the one next to Hisoka, Gittarackaur had also been staring at the newly acquainted Desdemona. Her features were strikingly similar to that of his family. The infamous white hair along with those purple eyes. She looked just like Killumi Zoldyck, albeit decades older. The girl in front of him looked like she was in her teens. No, it couldn't... after all, it had been ages and she would be in her 20s by now, the girl in front of him only looked to be 17.

After contemplating for a while, Illumi figured that there was only one way to find out.

All of the Zoldyck family had started their training from the second they were born. His little sister was taken away from them when she was a few months old, which meant that she had gone through the same poison, pain, and electricity training as they had. He needed to find a way to check if she was immune.

The girl felt uncomfortable and coughed gently to shake the two out of their thoughts.

—————————

The first part of chapter 7 seems really short, but part two will make up for it. So here Illumi has a hunch about Desdemona being his sister. After all, she does have the striking features of the Zoldyck family. Hmm, is she really a Zoldyck? Then how come she ended up being raised as a Freeccs? I guess we'll just have to find out ^^
-bee out