NO-MORE: DAZE (7)

Daze (Chapter 7)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

Trust Issues - Somewhere in New York

Back during a chilly evening in New York, running into someone you used to work with, was kinda awkward, and a tension filled encounter, especially for Felicia Hardy, or the Black Cat.

"Of all the people I thought I'd see today, you're the last person I'd expect," Spider-Man admitted to her.

"Why'd you say that?" Black Cat curiously purred.

"Well, last time... nevermind..."

She remembered what happened last time. Every single second of their team up. But Spidey was in the way of freeing her father, and that's something she couldn't forgive.

"You don't sound very cherry?"

"Being wanted for arrest isn't the best feeling and the fact that I got beat by this green dude with a tail."

"Wait, the green dude with a tail?"

"Yeah... do you know about him?"

"They've dubbed him the Scorpion"

"Well, that name fits him well."

"There's been whispers from Tinkerer about this project, for someone big"

"Wait... you're talking about another Big Man of Crime. How? All the crime lords of New York, from the Master Planner, Tombstone, Silver-Mane to The Goblin, they're all gone!"

"So you've taken out his competition. Now he's bigger than any of those Crime lords, even-"

"Tombstone?! No that's not possible..."

"Spider, he's the biggest of them all. He's the biggest threat to take the city," she emphasized.

"Does this guy have a name?"

"His men have been secretive, but when a cat claws away at the yarn, it unravels..."

"Unravel, how exactly?"

"One of his choked on the yarn and unraveled his name... Kingpin."

"Kingpin? Gotta admit better name than Tombstone. But it'll be fun beating this guy."

"Careful there, Spider. You're just a little spider caught up in a larger web."

"I know this guy is dangerous-"

"No, he's more than that. He has... everyone in his pocket, from the cops to well-trained assassins. And if he ever gets a peek under that mask of yours, he'll come after everyone you've ever cared about."

"That's why those cops are after me?" he asked.

"Mhmm, his influence's spread like wildfire."

"Well... thanks for the info Cat, this helps."

"Don't mention it."

"You know, i-if you ever want to take this guy down together... you know where to-" He turned around to see nobody beside him. She vanished into the night.

"Find me," he muttered to himself.

The Black Cat sneaked away from the wall crawler, barely hanging on the ledge of the building. She remembered the last time she interacted with Spider-man, which wasn't the best memory. But she had this weird connection with Spider-Man, borderline intimate yet knowing nothing about each other.