NO-MORE: GREAT POWER (9)

Great Power (Chapter 9)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

Reinvent - Allan Residence

It's a gloomy Sunday Morning in The Allan Residence, and the greatest way to wake up is to knock on your front door.

Good thing her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Allan knocked out on their bed, after their usual busy night at the restaurant. Too tired to hear a tiny knock on their door.

But Liz laid awake on her bed, as she couldn't sleep. Sure, after a few moments of rest, here and there, or else, she didn't have a restful night.

She heard every single sound, even sudden creaking on the floor, and a subtle knock on her door. One thought stuck in her mind, why'd Peter leave and not tell her about saving Sally and the in-crowd? Usually highschool boys like him would brag about their accomplishments, so why didn't he?

And the sudden knock on the door gave her another thing to think about.

'Who'd knock at 8:00 am?' She scratched her head before she drowsily tiptoed to the front door. Her hand slowly turned the knob, as soundless as it could be. Usually her parents had ears of a bat, so sneaking in and out was a major task for Liz. However, she's a veteran at sneaking out, knowing the ins and outs of the door.

Right when the door opened, she heard a familiar voice greet her, "Morning Liz."

Yep, her eyes were wide awake by the sound of his voice.

'WHAT THE- WHY THE HECK PETEY DOING HERE?!' she screamed in her head.

Although she made her best effort to whisper as quiet as a church mouse, "Petey? Um-what're you doing here?"

She stepped out the door and pulled him aside in the hallway. He folded up a piece of paper that he drew on and put it way loosely in his back pocket.

"Wanted to say, I'm sorry I left you at the hospital... alone. And my Aunt wanted me to check on you... make sure, you're okay," Peter admitted.

"Mhmm," she grumbled under her breath.

"Like you needed me, and I left"

"Yeah, I know, I was there, Petey"

"Look, if you never want to see me again... I'll understand," he admitted.

"Is that what you want?" she asked.

"Honestly, no... I want to be there for you, Liz. But I wasn't on Friday and that's on me"

"Why'd you leave then? I know... Spider-Man doesn't have to save the world anymore," she discreetly mentioned.

"C-can we talk about this inside your room?" he urged.

"Fine, come in. Shhh... my parents are home so... quiet," she whispered before they entered through the large doors.

"I thought they'd work," he discreetly whispered.

"At night"

"Oh," Peter mouthed.

Liz's eyes darted around the hallway before she grabbed his hand and led him into her room. But she covered Peter's mouth, so they could hear not a single word.

Also made sure to tippy toe their way there, to minimize as many creaks on the floor as possible.

Once they made it, they sat down on the carpet, but distant from each other.