NO-MORE: EUPHORIA (6)

Euphoria (Chapter 6)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

Highs

'Tell me something better than free time. Go ahead, try!'

Lately, according to Peter's standards, life has been superb for the high school senior. 'Crazy, I know! His life's been crap this whole time, what changed?'

His grades have risen to expected heights. His relationships at school have gotten better, even with his ex, Liz Allan.

Although keep in mind, it still isn't perfect, but he's riding the highs of life. The key thing that hasn't gone well for Peter was his relationship with Aunt May. Was she giving him the silent treatment or ignoring him? Well, who wouldn't give him it? He keeps sneaking out without an honest explanation, that's really suspicious for anyone. Neither way, it felt like he hadn't spoken to her in months, even though it's only been a few days.

All she would do is put his breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the dining table. And one day, she left nothing for him to eat, because she slept in her room, so he relied upon Harry's leftovers for his meal, which would be a salad that he didn't want.

But it had its benefits. Peter finally may have time for himself. It may sound selfish, and trust me it was, but it felt nice. Of course, what he'd do with that time is study, cause that's who he is. And once he finished studying, he'd do research on the latest scientific innovations. Recently, he found that down in Malibu, California, Stark Industries was experimenting with arc reactor technology, to create efficient energy. Although Peter wasn't the biggest fan of the weapons dealing company, he believed arc reactor tech could be the innovation of the future. 'Such a geek!'

Obviously, he's taking advantage of it and he's enjoying every second of his extra time. Especially because of the lighter load on his shoulders, with no job at the Bugle... man, J. Jonah Jameson really conflicted right about now.

And since he had so much spare time till his 7 pm curfew, he hung out with his friends, mostly with Harry, Gwen, and Mary Jane Watson.

He had so much time to himself that he believed he could go to this year's Homecoming if his Aunt could start talking to him. In the ideal situation, if he'd ever want to get a date for Homecoming, it would be his gorgeous friend, Gwen Stacy. But Harry already is taking her to the dance. Then there's the gorgeous red-headed Mary Jane Watson. Boy, she was a beauty, and Peter and she had quite the connection. But he knew she didn't want to be with anyone, so that wouldn't work out, even if the geek really wanted it.

But there were many other lovely ladies to take to the Homecoming Dance. Even though few were very interested in him.

But the one young lady that stuck out was the beautiful Latina, Liz Allan. That's Peter's first and only ex, 'and you've broken up with them for a reason' but recently, they've been getting along well. They've spent the last few days after school with each other, of course, working on their US History project. They had to do much of the project on their own, without their partner, Hobie. He's done practically nothing for the project because he's occupied with something every day. It's ridiculous! Although the two enjoyed each other's company, they didn't mind Hobie's absence.

But his absence didn't last forever, when he arrived in 2nd period US history, on time!

"Hey guys," Hobie greeted them once he sat down.

"Uh-Hobie... you're here?" Liz shockingly pointed out. It genuinely stunned her. He actually arrived on time. She really thought they had to finish the project without Hobie's contributions.