NO-MORE: EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY (5)

Experimental Psychology (Chapter 5)

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Spectacular Characters or Marvel Characters.

Arachnophobia - Parker's Residence Queens, New York

The loud alarm pierced through his skull and inevitably his dreams, as he sprung out of bed. 'UGH CRAP!' The tired Peter immediately turned off the blasting alarm and rose from his bed. He sneaked into the shower with his cloth towel in hand. However, his shower was promptly set to FREEZING COLD because the geek researched that Cold Showers are beneficial. Although, of course, after a morning sprinkle, it led to a shivering Peter, restlessly looking for anything that could give him warmth.

Once Peter got changed into his usual outfit, he softly ran down the stairs. On the side of his eye caught his Aunt sleeping on the living room couch, snoring the blues away. Right next to her, he saw a half-empty tissue box. Not so far from her, a small trash bin filled with used tissues. He felt terrible to see her like this. Her nephew caused this stress on her, which kept her up at night.

Then he noticed the note on the coffee table written for him. He tried his best to quickly pick it up and read, "Peter, I know you're growing up and I'm proud that you're maturing into the man that your uncle was. And I love that about you, dear. But a year ago, I lost your uncle, out on those streets... Now I don't want to lose you to the same thing that took him away.

You're ambitious and will do anything to do good, especially help your poor aunt. But you have to be honest with me because you've been so mysterious lately, Dear.

But I love you, Peter, and I always will.

However, keep in mind, you're grounded for life. You gotta be home by 7:00 pm.

Love - Aunt May"

Peter gently set it down on the counter and grabbed his lunch. Before he left out that door, he gave Aunt May a goodbye kiss on her cheek. Then he grabbed the trash from inside and threw it outside as he darted out the door.

Right when Peter got out the front door, he plugged his crappy, crummy earphones into his phone. He searched through his phone and found his music. But he hardly had any music in his playlist, only 6 songs. Raindrops keep falling on my head by B. J. Thomas, We didn't Start the Fire by Billy Joel, Basket Case by Green Day, Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, Big Shot By Billy Joel. Peter loved all of his songs in his tiny playlist, especially We didn't Start the Fire, Uncle Ben's favorite. But the one song that resonated with the young Peter was Hold On by Jet. He didn't know why it did, but it felt like the song spoke to him. His finger would then press play on that song first whenever he would get the chance. Back then, Peter never had time to listen while swinging, because he'd have to be alert, just in case he ever ran into a poll or something. 'Odd, right? Sure, he had his spider sense, but multitasking is hard for everyone'

Peter's playlist playing: Hold On by Jet

You tried so hard to be someone

Did you forget who you are

You tried to fill some emptiness

'Til all you had spilled over

Now everything's so far away

That you don't know where you are

You are

All that you wanted

And that you have done

Says so much

For you to hold on to