Chapter 24 Reuniting With An Old Friend!

Rosetta P.O.V

"We should go to Vanville Town!" Josh suggests

"Why?"

"Well if you can go to my hometown and meet my family, then I should meet yours. Its only fair." he said

"Since when are we being fair?" I tease.

"Since we started travelling together."

"I don't remember making that agreement."

"Stop avoiding the conversation. Now we're going to Vanville Town whether you like it or not." he commands like he's the boss of me or something.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Or is there a reason why don't want to go there?"

I roll my eyes. "I just want to go to a place I haven't been. Its not like I have some weird backstory and don't wanna go home like you"

"Well what if we run into your friend. Serena, right? You haven't seen her in a while right?" He said

He was right. I haven't talked to Serena since I went to Kanto and I haven't seen my mom since I talked to her in Lumiose City. I guess it would be nice to see them all again.

"I guess you're right. But it'll take awhile to get there." I say considering the fact that we just left Cyllage City 3 days ago.

"No problem! We'll just keep walking until we get there!" Josh says excitedly

"Remind again, why am I travelling with you?" I say teasingly

"Because I'm awesome and you'd be nothing without me." He's so arrogant

"Don't push your luck." I say

"Oh please. I'm not afraid of a girl" he crossed his arms. Sometimes he can be really annoying.

"Hey! Excuse me!" The voice sounded familiar. "Can you tell me where I am, I think I made a wrong turn."

I turned around to see if it was really her. My best friend.

"Rosetta, is that really you?" She narrowed her eyes at me then smiled. "It is you!" She ran up to me with her arms open and I ran to her. I can't believe after all this time I get to see Serena again!

We hugged each other and was laughing. I wonder what Serena was doing out here.

"Rosetta its so good to see you again. What are you doing out here?" She asks

"I'm on my journey. This is my partner Fennekin." I point at my Pokemon

"Wow, you got a Fennekin, too?" She says. "I guess great minds think alike."

"Are you gonna introduce me or what?" Josh says. I completely forgot he was even here

"Oh yeah. Serena this is my friend Josh. Josh this is Serena." I introduce them.

"So you're Serena. Rosie was telling me about you." He says

"Did he just call you 'Rosie'? Didn't you beat up the other boy that called you that?" Serena says. I blushed

"You beat up someone?" Josh stares at me in disbelief.

"Beat up, severely injure, whatever you wanna call it anyway that's not the point. So what are you doing here anyway Serena?" I ask

"I was going to Vanville Town to show my mom my new Pokemon but I think I made a wrong turn."She smiled

"Well thats great!" Josh says. "We were headed to Vanville Town, too" He puts his arm around me. "Right, Rosie?"

"That's awesome Rosetta! We can go there together." Serena clasps her hands together. I nod then push Joshs arm off me.

"Get your arm off me. I don't know where it's been" I tease. Its so fun to make fun of him.

"Hey that was rude!" He pouts.

"So you went to Lumiose City to get your Pokemon?" I ask ignoring Josh.

"Yep and I met this really cute boy named Ash" she squeals. She's starting to sound like May.

"You met Ash? As in Ash from a Pallet Town?" I say

"Yeah you know him?"

"Yeah and you don't really wanna mess with him. There's this girl named Misty he's travelling with and she likes him and she's very territorial." I warn

"So what. I can like who I want to and she can't stop me."

"Ok but I don't wanna see you get into a fight over a boy. Anyway lets go to Vanville Town."

Serena and I talked the whole day. I was trying to catch up on all the stuff I missed and the things that happened in our town. That night Serena went to sleep early claiming that she was tired. I saw Josh just sitting on the ground looking at the sky. I sat next to him but he didn't say anything. I wonder what's wrong

"Are you ok?" I ask

"Oh yeah I'm fine. I've only been ignored all day and haven't said a word but I'm fine" he says sarcastically

"Oh Josh I'm sorry. It just that I haven't seen Serena in so long. I really wanted to catch up with her."

I feel so guilty. I didn't want to make him feel bad.

"I'll make it up to you somehow." I promise.

He stays quiet for a while then smiles. "Ok but you better keep your promise." He pulls me close to him in an embrace. I feel my cheeks getting warm. Everytime we're close, I always seem to blush. I say goodnight and go to bed.

~

The next morning we continue our journey toward Vanville Town. A woman sees us walking and smiles.

"Are you all heading to Lumiose City for the dance?" She ask

"Dance?" I repeat

"Yes. There's a annual dance that happens in Lumiose City. You three should really go there." She walks away, leaving me to my thoughts.

"We should go there Rosetta!" Serena says.

"No" I disagree quickly. The last thing I want to do is go to some dance.

"But it could be a lot of fun" she presses on. Maybe it could be fun... I guess it wouldn't harm us but I was really looking forward to seeing my mom and going back home. Though I haven't spent much time with Serena and the dance could give me some more time with her.

"Alright." I give in.

"Yay!" She jumps on my back and laughs. I just hope I'm not making the wrong decision.

~

Hey guys. So we're done with another chapter. Hope you guys liked it. Please vote and comment and thanks for taking the time to read my book! :)