Chapter 20 Taking A Step Forward!

Rosetta P.O.V

"Your walking too fast, Rosie." Josh complained.

"No, your just walking too slow" I say. Yesterday, I left Ash and his friends to travel again. Even though he offered for me to stay with the gang, I wanted to show them that I could do this by myself. I let Josh come with me only because I felt like I couldn't say no to him. When Xerneas was turned to stone, I remember crying on his shoulder and I felt his arm around me. I don't how to explain it but it felt like he was protecting me. I felt so safe in his arms yet we were in the midst of danger. Something good is gonna come out of me travelling with Josh I just don't know what.

"Do you normally walk this fast? I don't think a normal person should be moving at such a high speed. You should see a doctor ASAP." he said. I laughed at his laziness.

"We're going to Cyllage City, your hometown. Shouldn't you wanna get there faster?" I ask

"No," he sighed, "I don't really want to go back."

"Why not?"

"Its complicated." was all he said. He's normally really playful and silly but now he looks sad. I wanted to know more but I didn't really wanna bother him. Maybe if I talked about my past he would tell me about his.

"Well how about this. I'll tell you about me and then you'll tell me about you" I say, hoping Josh would agree.

"Hmmm...sure why not!" he said. I was relieved when he said that. So where would I begin with my story? Maybe I shouldn't tell him about the worst year of my life...kindergarten.

"Ok well I guess I'll start by telling you my background. I grew up in Vanville Town. My best friends name is Serena. We did everything together. I started my journey earlier than her because her mom wanted her to stay at home. Something about Rhyhorn racing..." I try to remember. I haven't talked to Serena ever since I started my journey. I wonder if she has a Pokemon yet.

"Anyway my mom wanted me to visit my Aunt Ruby in Kanto and then go to Lumoise City to get my first Pokemon. Me and Fennekins relationship started out a little rocky but we're best friends now." I say looking at Fennekin who was smiling.

"So how did you know Ash?" Josh asked

"We met on the ship going back to Kalos. I gave his Pikachu some poffins that I had made earlier. My Aunt had showed me the recipe." I reply remembering what happened that day. It seems like a long time ago.

"Well a deals a deal Rosie. I guess I have to tell you about me." He looked down and sighed.

"I was born in Lumoise City but we moved to Cyllage City when I was 3. My parents are...complicated. My dad was too busy being the Gym Leader, so I never really got to spend a lot of time with him."

"Woah wait," I stop him, "Your dad's the Gym Leader?!"

"Yeah but that's beside the point." he said. I don't see how your father being a Gym Leader is beside the point but whatever.

"Anyway, like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," he starts, "My mom died of a sudden illness and that's when my dad really stopped talking to us. He so depressed, we all were, but that was a long time ago."

"I'm sorry you lost your mother." I say sympathetically.

"We all were"

"We?" I ask

"My brother and 2 sisters. My brother's name is Alex. He really weird." I guess weird runs in the family.

"My oldest sister is Emma and the youngest is Alice."