Masc! Bubak x Teen! Apathetic! Reader (Short Fluff)

falafelwaffelYEET

(Y/N)'s POV

The wind howled through the trees. Wood creaked behind me, but I didn't turn around. All that was there was a simple, tacky scarecrow.

"I know you're there." I said calmly. A loud noise only describable as a "screak" came from behind me.

"(Y/N), turn aROUND!" It cried. I quickly spun on my heel, closed my eyes, and stuck my tongue out.

I was cursed with this creature. It was apparently called a Bubák. It only stalks people whom have done terrible things. How did this one come into my life? Well...

Around three years ago, I accidentally killed my friend at a sleepover. I don't know why but they tried to strangle me in the middle of the night by laying on top of my chest. So, being the same person I am, I woke up and pushed her off of me. She hit her head on the bedside table and started bleeding just behind her temple. I rushed out and got her parents, and by the time we got back, she lost a pint of blood. She was rushed to the hospital but didn't make it. I wasn't close to her (and she kinda tried to kill me) so I wasn't too torn up about it. A few days after the incident, a creepy scarecrow showed up in my backyard. That was how I met Sam.

Ah yes, Sam. He'd do anything to get my attention. Whether it be bad jokes or gorey facts, he tried desperately to get me to look at him.

So I did everything in my power not to. The only times I ever acknowledge him are when he tries to sneak up on me.

Like now.

"(Y/N), the weather man said it was gonna rain today!!" Sam cried.

"And why should I care?" I asked.

"I thought we were friends..." he said.

"Why would we be friends?" I deadpanned.

I heard a gasp and the creaking of wood. The shadow on the ground stiffened and looked hurt.

"Oh." Sam said. He seemed depressed. But of course, I didn't care. Turning towards my door, I went inside.

——————————————————

The rain pattered on my window. It was just hard enough to get that good thwap. I was curled up in my house with a my favorite book and a cup of chamomile tea. The fire was roaring, and I was at peace.

But then I remembered Sam. Sam was still out there, but he was probably fine with it. He's been out in the rain several times; he's used to it.

Outside, it started to fall harder and harder, and I got a notification on my phone saying there was gonna be a flash flood. I was almost going to sleep through it, but I realized Sam was going to drift away.

As much as I hated the bastard, I couldn't do that to him. I rushed out the door and ran out towards him. But I slipped.

Water isn't wet in and of itself, but boy, did it make my shoes wet. And man, did I fall. I fell head first into the ground and I braced myself for the collision.

But it never came. Instead, I felt two bony hands holding my arms, lifting me back up.

"Why are you out here? It's storming—you almost got hurt!"

"Look it's gonna flood. Just... come inside." I looked down with half-lidded eyes and sighed. I lifted my head up and looked him in the eyes (sockets).

"Aww, you actually care?" I nodded. "Wait, really?" Another nod.

" Wait, you're actually looking at me?"

"Yes. And I'm inviting you inside. Now shut up before I decide you can't." I said. He tilted his hat and walked inside.

"Thank you, (Y/N)."

I smiled. "You're welcome."