Kraken x Fem! Reader pt 2 (Lemon)

YTAnimalGreenwood

(Y/N)'s POV

It had been a few weeks since I had gone to the beach on the dare. When I had gotten back to the shore, I tried to re-film the video. I tried to explain to the people at the party why I took so long, but nobody believed me when I said THE FUCKING KRAKEN lived in the abandoned beach. And understandably so. I knew how crazy I sounded, so I tried to play it off as a joke.

When my boyfriend heard what I did, he was furious. Furious that I agreed to something like that in the first place. And even more furious that I actually did it. He told me that if I wanted to act like I "didn't care who saw my body" that he couldn't stay with me.

I knew it was because he was overbearing. In hindsight, it was obvious he was a possessive control freak. He couldn't handle not owning me. He couldn't see I was my own person. But despite that, it still hurt to let go.

I wiped away the tears in my eyes as I left his apartment. Trying to suppress the sadness, I got in my car and sat there.

I put my hands on the wheel and drove. There was no way I was in the right mindset to do so, but there was no one there to stop me anymore.

I had no idea where my brain decided to go. I didn't realize where I was going. But I found myself once more at the abandoned beach. Why there eludes me, but I was there.

I cried on the shoreline, and I debated walking in and giving up. That was until I felt a familiar sensation through my clothes. Tiny barbs pierced the top layer of skin, and I felt another tentacle slide underneath me.

"Look, man. I don't want this right now. Please leave me alone," I said, projecting so that the Kraken could hear me. It lifted me higher into the air and I sighed. Maybe it just doesn't understand English. Too bad I don't speak Kraken.

I was contemplating just diving into the water, when I heard a voice unlike my own telling me not to.

"What are you doing?" I ask. I had a sneaking suspicion that this was someone else's voice in my head. It was like my mind—my one safe retreat—was being invaded.

"I'm not here to pry..." the voice said. It was rough and raspy. Like their voice was shot.

There was no one else around so, "Is the voice I'm hearing in my head you?" I asked out loud. The monster's head nodded slowly. "Huh."

"Would you want to tell me what is wrong, human?"

I looked to the side and bit my lip. Do I want to tell it? "I'm not sure... promise you won't think of me any differently?"

"You can't control how you think—this goes for all creatures." Upon seeing my dejected face, it amended his statement. "But I will try to not change my opinion."

Gathering my courage, I breathed in before slowly breathing out. "You remember the last time I came here?" The monster nodded. "My boyfriend broke up with me because of it."

"Was it because of-"

"It wasn't because of you; no one saw you. They saw me skinny dipping in the pool and my boyfriend got pissed I agreed to do it." I closed my eyes and sighed. "What bothers me is that I'm glad I'm without him." The Kraken seemed surprised when I said this, but didn't say anything.

"I guess I was looking for an excuse to get rid of him." I wasn't exalted, or anything, but I wasn't too choked up about it either.

"Thank you for, you know, listening," I said.

"What else would I do? I'm not a monster!" The Kraken países for a second, before adding, "Okay maybe I am, but..."

I giggled at his antics, but appreciated its compassion. "Thank you, um..." It suddenly occurred to me that his name wasn't "The Kraken".