11

"Hey, it's Harry," Harry says when Zain picks up the phone, his voice rough. He clears his throat. "Gemma's brother."

"I know who you are," Zain says with an eyeroll, stepping away from the lads and scrubbing a hand over his jaw. "What's up?" They haven't spoken since that phone call and the short exchange of texts right after, though Gemma had talked about Harry a few times, and mentioned things to Zain from time to time.

"I'm renting a house in France next month," Harry says, like Zain should know this already. "Gemma is coming and a couple of my friends from London. I was wondering if you'd like to join? Gemma said you'd both be off uni."

"Sure," Zain shrugs. He could do with a holiday, to be honest, and what easier way than this. And the accommodation would probably be leagues better than what Zain could afford on his own. "Never been abroad."

"I know," Harry says. "So you'll come? Can you send me your details? I'll put you on a flight with Gemma. It's birthday and full name and your passport number."

"I can book my own flight, Harry," Zain laughs.

"It's easier like this," Harry insists. "Don't argue. This way I can make sure you and Gemma sit together as well."

"Alright," Zain says, because he knows that stubborn tone of voice. He'll find a way to avoid it later, get Gemma to help. "I'm out at the moment, I'll send it to you later, alright, babe?"

"That's fine," Harry says. "See you soon, then."

"See you," Zain says and hangs up, pulling up his text messages to text Gemma.

Zest 👑
I'm coming to France. How do I keep Harry from booking my flight?

Gemma texts back straight away, like she was lying in wait. Harry probably called straight after talking to her.

Gemma 💎
You don't!!
And yay. It'll be awesome!

Zest 👑
You're the one always complaining about people taking advantage of him!!

He's not sure how he'll get out of it now with Gemma on Harry's side and probably even more stubborn than him. And way more ruthless.

Gemma 💎
But not you, babe 🙄🙄
If you don't text him your details I'll go find your passport and do it for you.

Zest 👑
...all right

Zain responds a bit helplessly, because he knows she would do it.

Zest 👑
But if you're home you might as well do it anyways cause I won't be home for hours and I'll forget

Gemma 💎
Sure thing babes, I'll take care of it.
Have fun with the lads xx

Zest 👑
Love you 😘

Gemma 💎
Love you more ❤️

It is going to be exciting, going to France, but it does feel very much like freeloading. But he's not giving Harry his details, which made it feel more removed, kinda like a present maybe. He wasn't all that involved and couldn't change anything. And since Gemma and Harry had insisted, it was fine. He nods to himself and rejoins the lads. He should probably have checked the dates before agreeing, but if Gemma was involved she'd most likely already checked.

💟

"Are you excited?" Gemma yells from the kitchen as soon as Zain unlocks the door. "We're flying to France!"

"A bit, yea," Zain admits, kicking his shoes off. "When are we, though? Harry didn't say."

"Oh," Gemma says. "The 10th, so in just a bit under a month. They always still have nice weather at this time of year. I can't wait to get tanned again and show off to everyone who went back to ghostly in this dreary weather."

"How long are we staying?" Zain asks, wondering how tanned she'll be after a week. Probably not enough to show off to anyone. He leans against the kitchen doorway, watching her cook.

"Eight days. I think Harry arrives a bit earlier and leaves after us, but I have a meeting with my advisor and you promised your mum you'd be back for Wali's birthday," she explains, pointing at the wall calendar she had put up durning their first month of living together.

"Cool," Zain nods. "Thanks. And you're sure it's ok if Harry books the flights?"

"Sure," Gemma says. "He's already booked them as well, so you can't back out."

"Why would I?" Zain snorts. "You know I've never been abroad and who knows when I'll have the opportunity again."

"Good!" Gemma nods. "That's the right attitude. What are you doing tonight? We wanna try the pub quiz again, maybe finish second to last this time."

"Sure," Zain shrugs. "Bet you anything we'll be dead last again, though."

"Pessimist," Gemma says, pointing her spoon. "We can manage second to last."

"If you say so," Zain shrugs. "We can try. I'm gonna get changed. Did you cook enough for two?"

"Yep," Gemma says. "I was feeling generous."

"You already made your brother book me a flight. You've been plenty generous."

"That's selfish," Gemma grins. "Don't wanna be stuck all alone in France with Harry and his friends."

"Sure, babe," Zain snorts. "Be back in a bit. Don't burn anything."

"That happened maybe twice!" Gemma calls after him.

Zain chooses not to contradict her.

💟

another filler... sorry...