30

Harry slides the latest smoothie across the kitchen counter when Zain stumbles in the next morning.

"Hey," Zain frowns, scratching his cheek. "You're not at Max's?" he asks, his tone carefully neutral, watching Harry even as he takes the smoothie and grimaces slightly at the taste.

His ears were probably ringing from the scolding Gemma had given him, like she had given Harry when he'd sneaked back home well past midnight, queasy with burgers and exhaustion.

"No," Harry says, suddenly nervous. "I broke up with him." He swallows, trying to read Zain's expression.

They stare at each other for a moment, suspended.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Zain says slowly. "And you don't wanna be my rebound."

"Yea," Harry agrees, swallowing. He doesn't want to be a rebound but he also wants Zain. "But maybe. We could get along again? And you could grope me a bit and we could see where it takes us?" he says, trying for casual.

He is good at this, usually. At least kind of. But Zain always makes him dumb and reckless, from the moment he first saw him.

"I guess," Zain says, watching him. "Sex is nice."

"Isn't it?" Harry agrees with a smile, stepping around the kitchen counter and halting in front of Zain.

Zain watches him, waiting, taking another sip of the smoothie as if to prove a point. Harry's not sure which point.

"We could," Harry says quietly, running his hands over Zain's shoulder blades. "We could be each other's rebound while you're here," he says, kissing Zain's cheek. "And then. In a bit, I'll visit you and we can give it a proper try. But only if you promise not to start dating anyone again."

"Sure," Zain nods after a moment, cupping Harry's cheek. "But. I don't think you're gonna count as rebound. I've been a bit in love with you for ages."

"Only a bit?" Harry asks, tilting his head into Zain's hand, stroking the palms of his hand down Zain's chest.

"Tried my best not to," Zain says softly. "You're out of my league, babe."

Harry snorts, his stomach squirming. "Definitely not," he says, closing the gap between them.

Zain's lips are soft beneath his, his stomach firm. He tastes like Harry remembers and like the smoothie he's been drinking. Harry sighs into his mouth, relieved in a way he hadn't expected to be.

"Sorry I freaked out yesterday," Harry says, licking his lips when they break the kiss.

"Sorry I was a dick," Zain says with a slight grimace, scratching his cheek, his other hand still on Harry's hip. "And sorry I brought Hannah," he adds more quietly. "I didn't mean to hurt you. Just, Gemma and her, they had it all planned and I didn't think it'd be that bad for you, you know. I didn't want to tell them why."

"Yea, no I get that," Harry sighs. "Wanna go to the beach today? As soon as Gemma wakes up?" he adds, pressing a kiss to Zain's cheek.

"Sure," Zain shrugs. "That's gonna be fun. You half naked and me not able to touch you."

"I'll blow you," Harry says, licking his lips and dropping to his knees before he's fully realised what he's doing.

"That'll make it easier," Zain groans, his fingers tangling in Harry's hair, bracing himself against the counter with his free hand. "If Gemma catches us, she'll kill us."

"Stop talking about my sister," Harry says, pulling Zain's jogging bottoms down, his mouth watering.

"Shit, babe," Zain says when Harry sinks his mouth over his cock, pressing his tongue to his head.

He looks up to meet Zain eyes and Zain's watching him like Harry's a revelation, stomach heaving.

He lets himself get lost in the stretch of his lips around Zain's cock, the way it presses against his throat and how Zain is watching him, like Harry is the answer to all his questions, like Harry is precious, touching his chair and his cheeks, straining to keep his hips still.

"Babe," he grunts, his hand tightening in Harry's hair. 

Harry hums, his jaw and knees sore, ready for Zain to come and get off himself, desperate for a hand on his own erection, throbbing and urgent between his legs.

"Shit," Zain swears as he comes, pulling Harry's head back slightly with a firm grip on his hair, making Harry whine and imagine other scenarios as he swallows reflexively, gasping slightly.

"Shit," Zain says again when Harry pulls off, the slurping sound obscene, and sits back.

Harry licks a bit of come from the corner of his mouth and lets himself be pulled up by Zain and into a hug, closing his eyes and pressing his erection against Zain's hips, desperate.

"Just a moment, babe," Zain says, holding Harry tightly and kissing his jaw, his cheek, the corner of his mouth and then his lips, kissing Harry deeply. 

Harry whines, rutting forward slightly, even more desperate now that Zain was touching him properly and all over. 

"Zain," he grunts, dropping his forehead against Zain's shoulder and whining in relief when Zain slips a hand into his pants, jerking him off firmly and roughly until Harry comes, a silent shout against Zain's shoulder.

"You good?" Zain asks, wrapping his arm around Harry and awkwardly shuffling them towards the sink to rinse his hand off.

"Yea," Harry says, breathless, his voice rough. He's still desperate, maybe more so now that he's had his hands, his mouth on Zain. He wants to go to his knees again and see if Zain will fuck his mouth, wants to be pushed onto bed and have Zain fuck him until he forgets his name. 

"Hope that'll last you," he says instead, squirming slightly against the sticky feeling in his pants.

Zain snorts. "Yea, that'll make it easier," he says drily like he'd rather have Harry again right away as well.

"Yea," Harry agrees nonsensically, pulling away with a kiss to Zain's jaw. "I need a shower."

"Yea," Zain agrees, following Harry towards the stairs.

"Morning," Gemma grunts, halfway down the stairs, looking bleary and still half asleep. 

"Morning," Harry tries nonchalantly, glad she doesn't seem awake enough to catch the very obvious signs of what has happened in the kitchen. "We're thinking about going to the beach after breakfast. You good with that?"

"Sure," Gemma yawns, barely opening her eyes. "Gotta soak up sunshine before England."

"Yea," Harry agrees and keeps walking, reaching back for Zain. He waits until Gemma is safe down the stairs and out of sight before pulling Zain into his room with him. Gemma wouldn't notice and he wants to get his hands on Zain again.

Zain comes easily, pressing the length of his body against Harry's back. Harry closes his eyes and leans back slightly, happy.

💟

oh my gawd, i am updating this, who'd have thought??