15

"That doesn't look very tan," Zain says critically, maybe to distract himself, pushing his sunglasses down his nose to look up at Harry with a frown. Choosing to notice the red skin on his nose and shoulders was easier than looking at the wet expanse of chest and belly and thighs, and remembering how he'd looked last night.

"What?" Harry laughs, crouching down beside Zain to grab a water bottle, uncapping it.

"You're sunburnt," Zain says, gesturing at his own nose and then Harry's. "You said it would turn tan. It's definitely still red."

"Yea," Harry says with a shrug, unconcerned, gulping down water. "Might have misjudged. You not coming into the sea?"

"Nah," Zain says, shaking his head and watching Gemma surface between two waves. "The waves look crazy."

"Come on," Harry coaxes, touching Zain's arm and wrapping his hand around Zain's forearm. "I'll stay with you. And it's not deep until further back, it'll barely reach your chest."

Zain hesitates and Harry must pick up on it because he continues, taking Zain's hand. "Come on. You can't go to the Mediterranean and not go into the sea even once. I'm sure that's a tourist crime."

"Sure," Zain snorts, but lets himself be pulled up without even trying to resist. He's too soft, always been too easily swayed by a sweet smile. "But if I drown you can tell my mother."

"I'd never let you drown," Harry says earnestly, linking their fingers and pulling Zain towards the water.

"Zain!" Gemma says as soon as she catches sight of them. "Yes!"

"I convinced him!" Harry announces proudly, raising their linked hands above his head before jogging into the water, splashing wildly, and taking Zain with him.

It's nice, not as cold as the sea in England on the few occasions they had made it to the coast during holidays, warmer and even friendlier somehow. And it's not like he's never been in water before, he likes it sometimes, even. Harry was right, too, because Gemma seems too be swimming but when she stands up the water barely reaches her chest and with every waves she bops up gentle before settling back down again without any issue.

"See?" Harry says smugly. "It's perfect."

"It's nice," Zain admits, splashing water at him to get the stupid grin off his face.

"And now?" he asks as Harry splutters, blindly throwing water into Zain's direction.

"We enjoy!" Gemma says loudly, jumping on his back. "You bore. Try and drown Harry if you can!"

"You're a bit homicidal recently, Gemma," Zain snorts but grabs for Harry still.

Harry evades then with a laugh, twisting to the side and letting himself fall back into the water, ducking under, surfacing a little ways away.

"Hey!" Zain calls, amused. "You promised to stay with me! What if I drown!?"

"This is self defence!" Harry laughs, splashing water in their direction. "Come and get me if you can!" he adds and ducks under the surface again.

"Let's get him!" Gemma says gleefully, pushing Zain forward. "Go!"

💟

"I am starving," Harry says, stumbling out of the car. "Can you cook?"

"We have baguette and cheese," Gemma says with a yawn, pulling her hair up into a bun. "I am not cooking, I am exhausted. Zain?"

"Not it," Zain says, shaking his head and catching up to them.

"Baguette and cheese sounds good," Harry says, slumping onto Zain. "Sun and sea always makes me sleepy."

"Mm," Zain agrees, stroking his hand over Harry's back and down to his arse before he remembers and settles it safely around Harry's waist again. He can't recall the last time he was this contented, relaxed to what feels like his bones, soaked full of sun and summer.

"Let's eat in the garden," Gemma says, stretching, thankfully not paying attention for once. "I'm just gonna shower really quick, I am starting to itch from the salt."

"Alright," Zain nods. He could do with a shower, but the hunger was the bigger issue at the moment and it would be nice showering later and falling straight into the bed. Maybe Harry would join him, maybe not. Either way, it sounded heavenly, the perfect end to a pretty perfect summer day.

💟

"Come on," Harry says, shaking Zain's shoulder and startling him awake. "Bed. Gemma," he adds, poking her side. "You, too. It's getting cold."

"I love holidays," Gemma says sleepily, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "I love relaxing. It's perfect. We should do it more often."

"And when are you gonna write your essays?" Zain asks.

"You bore," Gemma says, wrapping her arms around Harry's waist. "He's auch a goody two shoes, it's boring."

"He's a goody two shoes?" Harry snorts, kissing her head. "He's way too mean for it."

"He isn't mean," Gemma protests sleepily, like she needs to defend Zain's honour. Zain snorts and grabs the half empty bottle of wine and the left over cheese so it won't spoil, leaving the dishes where they are. They could always clean up in the morning.

"See?" Gemma says, like that proves her point.

"You're talking nonsense," Harry grins, winking at Zain and pulling Gemma with him and up the stairs. Zain puts the plate and wine in the fridge without bothering to cover it, only feeling slightly bad. He's too exhausted to spent ages looking for boxes and a stopper for the wine and it wasn't like they'd leave it like that for long.

"Hey," Harry says when he gets upstairs, licking his lips. "What are you up to?"

Zain snorts. "Imma have a shower and sleep. Way too lazy to move if that's what you're asking."

"You don't have to move if you don't want to," Harry says, tilting his head and stepping even closer, pressing his mouth to Zain's jaw, his breath hot on Zain's skin.

"Yea?" Zain mutters, running his hands down Harry's back and grabbing his arse appreciatively.

"Yea," Harry answers, sounding breathless already.

"How can I reist that offer," Zain answers. It falls a bit short of teasing, coming out too earnestly, but maybe Harry won't have noticed.

"Good," Harry says and hooks his fingers in the top of Zain's jeans, tugging slightly. "Let's."

💟

i am back at work now i don't wanna 😭