28

"Let's go to your place," Max says, pulling at Harry's waist to get him closer and mouthing on his neck. "It's closer."

"My sister and her friend are visiting," Harry says, biting his lip.

"So?" Max shrugs because he knows Harry well enough that his sister knows and that any friend of hers he lets stay in his house, he trusts at least a little as well.

"Just. We gotta be quiet," Harry says, gasping when Max bites at his neck.

Max makes a sound of agreement and Harry gives up trying to think, following Max to their car.

💟

Zain's already downstairs when Harry comes downstairs, sipping tea at the kitchen counter.

"Where's your smoothie?" Harry grins, brushing his fingers over Zain's shoulders as he passes him.

"Babe," Zain groans, dropping his head into his arms. "It's been ten days of smoothies and you've reached the kale and broccoli recipes, I think I'm good."

"Aww, don't say that. You're only here three more days, you can't give up now," Harry teases, grabbing the smoothie ingredients he's prepared yesterday.

Zain eyes it distrustfully, already pulling a face. For all that he liked the first few, he's rapidly lost interest, sipping his smoothies with the same long-suffering expression he sometimes gets around Gemma.

"Where's Gemma?" Harry asks when the kitchen is silent again, pouring three glasses of smoothie. Max unironically liked green smoothies and definitely want some. He makes sure Zain's glass is barely half full, sliding it towards him.

"She's gone shopping," Zain yawns, taking a sip and wrinkling his nose.

Harry grins at him, settling down at the counter and taking a sip of his own smoothie. It tasted rather a lot like wet earth. "Didn't want to go with?"

"No way," Zain groans. "I'm ready to go back to rainy England. It's all so shiny here. People are always smiling at me. One woman cooed at me because of my accent! It's awful."

"Sounds it," Harry says, amused, glad that none of the awkwardness lingered. "How are you passing the next three days then? Avoiding people smiling at you?"

Zain glares, unamused. "I'm gonna lie in your pool and eat your food," he says. "And in the evening I'm gonna lie on your couch and eat your food."

"Sounds good," Harry grins. "I'll keep you company. I have the next two days off."

"Really?" Zain asks, seeming to perk up a bit. It makes Harry's stomach flutter, despite his boyfriend under the shower upstairs and the fact that he swore he wouldn't be weak.

"Sure," he smiles, trying to downplay his awkwardness. "I do want to spend time with you. I've actually been busy with work. Sorry," he adds, contrite.

"It's fine," Zain smiles, taking another reluctant sip of his smoothie. "Gemma kinda surprised us both, didn't she? Work's important."

"Yea," Harry answers, smiling at Max when he comes in, his stomach clenching nervously. "Hey."

"Hi baby," Max greets, turning his smile on Zain. "I'm Max, you must be his sister's friend."

"Zain, yea," Zain answers, eyeing Max's smile like he's proving everything fears about people in LA.

"I made smoothies," Harry says into the awkward silence, pushing the glass towards Max.