28

Jennette's POV

I'm so bored. Even though my jeweled eyes are back nothing else has changed. For servants they are still nothing but rude. I wonder what had happened to her? Is she alive or did she just manage to get rid of it? Will she return? If she does what will happen? Or if she is dead? To many thoughts, it's giving me a headache.

"His Majesty has ordered to have tea with you." A maid suddenly barges in telling me before leaving. Really? I haven't been allowed to leave for months! Father requested me to? Finally!

Quickly I get dressed and take a few glances in the mirror before running out of my room past all the rude servants to the door to outside. Finally I can go outside for once! A single knight was there and rolled his eyes at me. I'm really sick of this rudeness. Who do they think they are?

"Let's go." He says before walking away. I quickly follow after him. He is walking so fast.

Soon enough through we arrive where father was sitter looking absentminded as usual. Things are slowly going back to normal. I am curious about Athanasia, she is a good and sweet person I will admit but she was also in the way. If only we weren't related I'm sure we could've been best of friends.

I went ahead and took a seat with a bright smile on my face. Even though I haven't seen him over seven months I'll just act as if nothing happened. It's for the best.

"Father! I'm so glad you decided to finally have tea with me!" I tell him. He stayed silent looking down at his tea. He's always like this. Barely speaks. But he does seem quite cold to me. I haven't felt this from him since when I first started to live here.

"The wheather is so nice today, isn't it? I've been quite bored these last few months. Also I missed you! So so so so so so much!" I explain opening my arms to wide to show how much.

"It's been over seven months yet you still haven't changed a bit." He suddenly says. Why is he being like this? "Isn't that a good thing father?" I ask tilting my head slightly. He stayed silent laying back in his chair observing me.

"Father, all my maids and servants are treating me mean nowadays! Can I please get new ones?" I sulk looking down at my lap.

"It doesn't matter how they treat you. As long as your getting your meals, I don't care." Father says. Since when has he been like this? What is the matter with him?

"Father? I don't understand! Why are being like this?" I ask him.

"You never understand anything." Father sneers. Maybe it's best I do just drop it, he doesn't seem to be in such a good mood. We sat in silence I didn't bother looking up at him as I sipped my tea. It was my favorite! A super sweet one. Even though it's technically not tea. Honestly I don't really like tea.

"You already know that I am not your father. Now you should've figured out we share no blood at all. I've been wanting to kill you for a long time now. The only reason I didn't was for Athanasia." He says calmly but it felt like how it did before, when I first came here.

Yes, we both knew for a couple years now that I wasn't truly his daughter but rather his neice. But he didn't care then and continued to love me. Why is he bringing it up again? And to kill me?

I glanced up at him to see his icy eyes. I haven't seen him like this in quite awhile. He opened his mouth slightly about to say something before closing it.

He looked as if he was a daze, content. This is what I am used to. Not his cold glare but rather his absentminded expression. But he also seems slightly upset or sad.

Does he regret what he has said to me? Maybe it was just a spur of the moment. Things have been quite hetic, lately.

"Go back and don't cause any problems." Father suddenly stood up cold as before again. He turned and began to walk away. "F-Father!" I quickly call after him as I reach out to grab him a knight grabs my arm. Father didn't even bother to glance back as walked away.

***

I clutch onto my pillow even tighter resting my chin on it. Did I truly lose everything? How can he treat me like this all of a sudden?

All I wanted was a family! I waited patiently for years to have to have one and I was so happy that I finally had one! It wasn't perfect, but at least I had one. Father and I were close and got along perfectly. Athanasia and I we were actually becoming close. We began to be like real sisters! I was so close. I did only want to have a family but it wasn't my fault father and her weren't close! Why is it like I'm the villain now? I didn't force their relationship to be like that. Maybe when they were becoming closer I was a bit jealous but I didn't do anything to ruin it. Why do I feel so bad when I didn't do anything wrong?

Athanasia.

Athanasia.

Athanasia. Is this how she felt? When we were finally becoming closer. She smiled so brightly at me. From her standing it must've been like I stole everything from her. Yet she didn't say or do any ill things to me. I didn't mean too. I just wanted to be loved too. What was so wrong about being a little selfish? It's not like their relationship was getting better. I didn't do anything. Yet why do I feel like this? Why is this all happening? Why am I crying? These stupid tears won't stop! I let my head sink lower hiding my eyes in my pillow as I cried.

"Jennette, why are you crying?" A familiar voice asks. Looking up my vision was blurry. Before I could even wipe away my tears warm, soft fingers brush across my cheeks and under my eyes.

"You're back?" I ask, looking up at her. "I suppose." She smiled slightly brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Are you okay?" She asks taking a seat in front of me on my bed. Why does she look like she has been doing better than I have? She does look a little sad herself. Her eyes are a little puffy and red as if she's been crying. But otherwise she still looks better than I do! She must've been on the run and everything with everyone searching high and low for her! She doesn't look tired or anything! She looks no different from before. Perfectly fine! How is she doing better then I am? Was I really feeling guilt? Everything is so messed up.

"I'm fine." I tell her looking down. She stayed silent for awhile before finally speaking. "I understand. You should sleep, it's quite late. She says getting up and pulling the blankets over me. "You also." I say laying down. For some reason I felt a lot calmer and have become quite drowsy now.

"We may not be family Jennette, but we are still friends." She smiled happily at me before disappearing. Were we really though? And since when did she learn magic!