03

"Now presenting Princess Athanasia de Alger Obelia." The announcer announces my name and then the big giant doors open in front of me.

Many people showed up to the trial to see if I would be executed. The room was circular and many balconies hung above four stories high also filled with people. Claude sat on a throne opposite where I am. With his red-headed knight.

Slowly I walked down the aisle ignoring all the hateful looks I was receiving. I went up a couple of steps and stood in the center for everyone to see. I glanced to the side to see Lily in the front of the crowd with Lucas, Hannah, and Ces. They held all the evidence I needed.

"Princess Athanasia." A fancy old man came and stood in front of me. "Do you swear on Obelia, to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth?" "I do." "If you do not you will be deemed guilty right away. Do you understand Princess Athanasia?" "I do." He nodded and turned toward Claude. "The trial may start, Your Majesty." He bowed his head at Claude.

"The trial shall now begin. Athanasia you may now try to prove your innocence." Claude says his gaze fixed on my on me. I don't even bother to spare him a glance. "Lucas. Can you please come forth?" I asked. Lucas steps away from the crowd and begins to walk towards the witness stand and took a seat.

"Lucas, you were the one who healed Princess Jennette, is that correct?" I ask him.

"That is correct."

"And can tell me what kind of poison she was poisoned with?"

"It was a herb called Vencil."

"Can you tell me more about Vencil?"

"Vencil is a rare herb that only grows in this kingdom. Its poison is in its sap. But we do use this sap in just a few medicines where instead of being poisonous, it gets with other things and is harmless. Still, Vencil is only allowed in the hands of doctors and magicians so it can be used properly. The people that grow it are also under strict rules of how they grow them."

"How harmful is Vencil?"

"It is quite harmful when consumed with putting one in a coma for a good amount of time and if not treated soon it will lead to death. If one just touches the sap their skin will become red with blisters and look as if it's been severely burned and without proper treatment, it will become to shrivel, becoming black and scaly."

"One more question. Do you know many people were aware of the poison used?"

"It was not to be made public."

"Thank you. You may take a seat." Lucas walked away with a smirk on his face for whatever reason with his big ego.

"Now if you all may have recalled Lucas said Vencil is only allowed in the hands of doctors and magicians."

"So, Dr.Evanston, may you please come forth?" I called. A young man not even in his thirties stepped out of the crowd. His dark browns hair gelled back and dark circles under his eyes. "Good morning Dr.Evanston." I greeted him as he sat at the witness stand.

He dipped his quickly avoiding eye contact with me. "Morning, Princess Athanasia." He greeted me back quietly and kept his eyes looking down. His body was shaking slightly from his shaking his leg up and down quickly.

"Are you nervous Dr.Evanston?" I asked him.

"No, your highness." He responded quitely as before when he greeted me.

"Your sure?" I asked again. "Yes." He responded again.

"Okay, Dr.Evanston. I'm going to ask a few questions alright?" I tell him. He just nodded as he continued to avoid my gaze.