17

"You're still burning up!" Lily says switching the wet cloth on my head to a cooler one. "Hannah! Hurry we need more cloths. We need to cool down her temperature!" Lily orders frantically. My vision is so hazy.

I've been like this since the night when I came back from making flower crowns with Claude and Jennette. I think it's been a couple of days. I'm not so sure since I've been drifting in and out of consciousness with my high fever. I have been rejecting all of Claude's requests to see me with the reason of being unwell. I haven't told anyone that I'm sure it's my mana they just think I'm sick with the flu. Everyone is so worried for me. That was what I was trying to avoid too.

Everything is just molding into one big blur with this fever. But I think I'm getting better. I am very weak. I don't even know when my last meal was. Even though I feel so cold I know I'm burning up.

"Princess! Princess! Can you hear me?" Lily waves her hand in front of my face. I try to speak, to reassure her, but my throat was to dry. Instead I smiled at her, nodding slightly. Poor Lily. She is so scared.

"You need to eat! We are going to sit you up." Ces explains to me. Lily and Ces both grab an arm of mine, gently sitting me up before another maid puts pillows behind me to lean back on. I'm so tired. They are yelling so much at each other too. I let my eyelids drop.

"I've got a bucket more of rags!" Someone yells loudly.

So cold. I really don't want them to wipe me down with more cold rags.

"I have some soup!" Another yells. I don't feel like eating either. I'd rather sleep right now. This yelling is giving me a headache.

"Princess! Princess open your eyes. You need to eat!" Sighing, I open my eyes to see Lily in front of me. She grabs another cloth and begins to wipe my face. Turning I see many other maids wiping my legs and arms also.

"Here, Princess." Ces comes to other side of my bed holding a bowl of soup. "It may just be better to drink it. That way it will be faster and you can lay down and rest." Ces says bring the bowl of soup to my lips.

I open my mouth and Ces tips the bowl letting the soup fall into my mouth. Drinking the soup made my face cringe. It is so bitter! Why is it bitter?

"Some medicine is mixed in with it." Ces explains to me. So gross. I don't like such bitter things and medince was the worse. "You must drink it!" Lily tells me. But I really don't want to. I should for everyone though that are working so hard just for me.

Taking a deep breath I look towards Ces. Everyone is so blurry. I wonder what time of day it is?

Ces fed me the rest of soup while everyone worked hard to cool me off. Soon enough though I fell asleep.

***

It's so bright. I'm so tired too. It is finally so quite and peaceful though. Slowly I begin to open my eyes, blinking many times and rubbing my eyes. My body feels so heavy but still I feel a lot better.

Looking around the room was completely empty and the light from outside was flooding the room. It feels like I've been sick forever. But now I'm finally feeling better today.

The door then swings open revealing Lily holding a bowl a bowl of soup. As her eyes land on me she smiles widely. "You're awake! How are you feeling?" Lily ask rushing over to and placing the soup on the nightstand beside my bed. "I'm feeling a lot better." I smile at her.

"You're still pale." Lily says feeling my forehead with the back of her hand. Poor Lily she has such dark circles under her eyes. She mustve not slept much these past few days. "But you're still no longer burning up. Just last night did your fever finally go down and it's staying that way too." Lily sighed in relief.