18

"And turn. Now finish!" Madame Pompidou orders. "That was splendid, Your Highness! You truly are one marvoulous dancer! Not a single flaw with such gracefulness and lightness!" Madame Pompidou praises me. She truly knows how to flatter one.

"Thank you." I smile at her. "Of course! Well that is it for eithics today." Madame Pompidou says grabbing her jacket and bag to leave. "See you soon, Madame Pompidou." I smile at her. Madame Pompidou bows before me. "May the blessings and glory of the Obelian Empire always be with you." She says before standing back up. I grab both sides of my dress fanning it out, placing a foot behind the other and bowing my head. "Goodbye Madame Pompidou." I tell her before standing back up.

"It really is an honor to be a teacher for such a princess." She smiled before taking her leave. She really knew how to flatter someone.

"Princess." Ces come into the room. "Yes?" I turn to look at her. "His Majesty is here to see you." Ces tells me. Why is here? He never comes here I always go to see him. I'm not suppose to see him for another hour either.

"Oh okay. May I ask where he is?" I ask Ces. He is waiting the front room. "Okay, thank you, Ces." I smile before heading out the door.

It might be important if Claude has come here himself. It's been a few weeks since I've gotten really sick and I haven't seen Jennette either. I was getting worried and asked to join her for some tea or something but she refused with the reason of being busy. I decided not push it any further since I didn't want to be a nusiance.

"Your Majesty, it's quite a pleasant suprise for you to be visiting today." I greet him. "Princess Athanasia!" Felix exclaims excitedly. He came rushing over to me as I held my arms open and Felix picked me up, hugging me tightly.

Claude forced Felix to go and train other knights the past few weeks so I haven't seen him. Felix was really upset so I promised the next time I saw him I would give him a big hug.

"I missed you so much, Princess!" Felix says smiling happily before placing me down. I giggled at the silly knight. "I missed you too, Sir. Felix Robane." I smiled up at him.

"Felix." Claude suddenly said. It was almost harsher then how he says my name. Almost. Felix's face dropped as he turned around. "Yes, Your Majesty?" Felix asks Claude. Poor Felix. He seems scared. "Go and see how Princess Jennette is doing." Claude orders Felix. So unfortunate. I just now finally got to see Felix after so long and he is forced to go. "But, Your Majesty! Can't I please stay? I'll just stay outside the Ruby Palace!" Felix begs walking over to Claude.

"Can he, Your Majesty? Please?" I join Felix by his side. Claude glared furiously at the both of us. It's not like he ever looked at me any other way before. Claude continued to glare at us as we just looked back at him, unwavering. Claude sighs. "Fine."

"Thank you, Your Majesty!" Felix and I both say happily. I looked up at Felix, waving for him to come closer. Felix leaned down towards me, slightly. "Lily is upstairs." I whisper to him. Felix smiled widely. "Thank you!" He says. "Blessings and Glory upon the Obelian Empire." Felix bows before leaving us.

Claude stands up. "Let's go." He says walking towards the front doors. "May I ask where we are heading, Your Majesty?" I ask following close behind him. "No." Claude says bluntly.

"I would have come to see you today, Your Majesty. You shouldn't have burdened yourself coming all this way." I tell Claude. There is a slight breeze out today. I should have changed my clothes. "It's fine." Claude says looking down at me. What are we doing now anyways?

Looking forward I saw a beautiful rose garden in front of us. Has that always been there? It's so big and so pretty. I can even smell the roses from over here. That must be where we are going! It almost seems as if it were a maze also with the big wall bushes flourished with roses!

"Do you like it?" Claude suddenly says as we get closer. "Yes! It's beautiful! Has it always been here?" I ask him. "No, I had it made starting a few weeks ago." Claude says looking down at me. "Why? It's quite far from the Emerald and Garnet Palace." I ask looking up at the indifferent Claude. "It's your birthday in less then two weeks. This is a birthday present for you." Claude tells me stopping right before the entrance do the garden.

It's mine? This rose garden is all mine? Isn't this to much? Can I even accept this? Do I deserve such a beautiful thing? But I really really want it! It's not like I can exactly refuse such a gift. I'm so excited! I smile up at Claude before running into the garden. It was big! It smelt so lovely too! There was even a small table with a couple chairs where I could enjoy tea! The red roses are so extravagant too! I explored every part of the garden before running back out of it towards Claude.

Running towards Claude I jump on him giving him the biggest hug ever! "Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's the best present ever!"

Ah, I'm hugging Claude. I did it without thinking I was just so happy. He isn't pushing me away either. Actually he seems frozen stiff not moving a muscle. Quickly I let go and back up. Not daring to look at his face. I bow before him instantly. "I apologize for my behavior just now. That was very immature and impetuous of me. Please forgive me." I apologize. My heart began beating quickly as Claude remained silent. I acted so carelessly just because of my excitement.

"Athanasia. Stand up." Claude orders. He doesn't sound upset? He sounded more calm actually. I stand up and face Claude. He was looked like usual self with his death cold eyes and composed face.

"Your Majesty, I really am sorry." I apologize again. "You shouldn't run around like a crazy little thing. You'll fall." Claude says looking down at me. What? "Y-Yeah. I'll be more careful, Your Majesty." I look down at the grass. "Let's take a walk through your garden." Claude says as he walks past me. I turn around and walk beside him.

Claude looked quite peaceful walking through the garden with the slight wind blowing through his hair. His gaze relaxed and not so vicious for once. It was odd to see him like this. But I guess Claude is probably naturally like this with Jennette. He must be in a very good mood today to be like this with me.

"We will have a party this year for your birthday since you are turning eighteen." Claude says suddenly erupting me from my thoughts. "My birthday?" I accidentally sat out loud. I've never really celebrated my birthday before. Only with my servants but I never liked going overboard with it. The only time I ever really did celebrate it was my debutante. The day Princess Jenette was introduced as Claude's daughter. It was suppose to be a happy day I thought just maybe Claude would smile at me that day or something fatherly! But at the end what happened was all my dreams were shattered as Princess Jennette was revealed. It ended up being one of the worst days in the end.

"Yes. Your birthday." Claude says. "It's okay, I don't celebrate my birthday." I quickly tell Claude. "It will be be held the day after your actual birthday." Claude continues.

Seems I don't have a choice. "You will have a proper birthday of a Princess for your eighteenth birthday." Claude says. "Okay." I agree. It's not like it could be any worse than my debutante. It may help me enjoy my birthday again too. "Thank you, Your Majesty. It would be an honor to celebrate my birthday with His Majesty and Princess Jennette." I tell Claude. He remains silent staring at me before sighing. "You're welcome."