19

"Hello. I am here to see Princess Jennette." I tell the maid. She seemed surprised to see me but she quickly composed herself. "Yes, follow me, Your Highness." The maid moving aside to let me inside. "Thank you." I smile as the maid closes the door and walks away. "You may wait here while I inform Princess Jennette that you are here." The maid says before leaving.

The Emerald Palace is very spectacular. This is the first time I've ever been inside the Emerald Palace. I've always have wondered what it looked like. It's just as pretty as the outside.

"Athanasia?"

"Good evening, Your Highness." I turned and smile at Princess Jennette. Jennette came over smiling back at me before opening her arms wide and giving me a hug. This is what Claude must've felt like when I hugged him suddenly. "How's my little sister?" Jennette asks letting go of me and grabbing my hand. She pulls me to the couch where we both sit. "I've doing quite well actually. I haven't seen you in awhile either I wanted to pay you a visit." I tell her.

"I'm sorry I went to the Alpheus Estate for awhile since Ijekiel is leaving to Arlanta again but this time to check on their estate there so I went to say goodbye." Jennette explains, looking a little sad. "Seems both of our close friends had to leave for a little while." I say gripping her hand, reassuringly. She must be sad that Ijekiel had to leave for a little while.

"Yes well at least we still have each other!" Jennette says cheerily. "Yes, of course." I giggle. I really admire her with how positive and happy she is. Especially so kind it's understandable why she is adorned by everyone. Oh yeah, I still need to ask her.

"Princess Jennette, I also came here to ask you something." I say. "Well, ask away."

"Well, in a week exactly we will be holding a ball for my eighteenth birthday and I was wondering if you like to accompany me as my sister." I smile, hopefully she would like too. "Like walk with you into the ball side by side?" Jennette asks. "Yes." I confirm what she asks.

"Well, of course! It would be so wonderful to be able to accompany my sister for eighteenth birthday!" Jennette quickly grabbed and hugged me once again. This time I hugged her back. "Thank you, Your Highness."

"You don't have to thank me." Jennette giggled pulling away. "Well I should go now, it's almost time for dinner." I tell Jennette standing up.

"Athanasia." Jennette says looking down at the ground. "Yes?" I ask. Did I do something wrong? "I'm sorry about my behavior when I suddenly intruded on your time with father. I think I was just scared that you were taking father away from me and also leaving me." Jennette says keeping head lowered.

"Princess Jennette, you have nothing to sorry about. It's my fault for making you feel that way. But you should know His Majesty really adores you and thinks of you as his beloved daughter." I grab Jennette's chin and softly pull head up to look at me. "You don't have to worry about a thing, Princess Jennette." I smile at her. She stared at me for a few moments before smiling back. "Thank you." Jennette says, standing up also. She walked me to the door where we said our goodbyes and I left.

It's quite foolish for her to be scared about me ever stealing Claude from her. He doesn't even think of me as his daughter. But why would it matter he did one day love me as his daughter. It wouldn't change anything for her because he'd still love her and treat her the same. We could truly be a family like how she talks about.

Maybe she was just being a little overwhelmed. I shouldn't think to much into it.

***

"Happy Birthday, Princess!" Everyone cheered loudly. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

"Thank you!" I smiled. "Aw I cant belive our little Princess is eighteen now." Hannah says, tears forming in her eyes. "It's to quick." Ces agrees immediately. Lily hugged me tightly. "Happy Birthday." Lily says kissing the top of my head. I hugged her back then Felix came and joined in smushing Lily and I. I can't breathe! "I'm so happy to celebrate your birthday too!" Felix says still smushing us. Still cannot breathe! Lily and I both shove at Felix but he doesn't budge. "Felix! Let go! Can't breath!" I finally shout. He instantly let us go which he finally fall to our feet. I didn't realize he was holding us both up in the air.

Felix is a lot stronger than I thought. "I'm sorry Princess and Lily." Felix says bashfully rubbing the back his head. "It's okay." I laugh at his silliness.

"Come on open your presents!" Ces and Hannah hurry pulling me onto the couch in front of all the gifts. "Thank you all, for everything." I smile I as I began to unwrap the gifts.

***

They gave me several things from jewelry, to dresses, sweets, and even a fluffy pillow that looked like Blackie. We celebrated for a long time but soon enough we were all tired and Felix had to return. We also had lots and lots of chocolate cake that Hannah, Ces, and Lily made. It was absolutely delicious.

"Princess." Lily says stroking my hair. "Yes, Lily?" I ask looking at her soft smile.

"You are a precious gift. Not only to me but everyone in Obelia. To all of us you are someone very precious and special." Lily tells me. She tells me this every year on my birthday. If my was alive would she act like Lily. Lily is what I imagine a mother would be like with her child.

I reach out and grab Lily and hug her. "Thank you for being with me, Lily." I tell her squeezing her tightly. "Oh, Princess. Of course I will always be with you." Lily says squeezing me tightly.

"Goodnight now, Princess." Lily says, kissing the top of my head. "Goodnight, Lily." I say back as Lily leaves me.

Ah, tomorrow is a big day. But it should be fun to spend it with all the people I've been writing with and Jennette. Hopefully, Claude will be in a good mood also. After the party tomorrow as a gift to myself I'm going to go see Blackie. So at least good or bad party in the end Blackie will make it a good day. I hope Lucas comes back soon. He might be upset that I've been spending some time with Claude, Jennette, and even Blackie also, but it's not like Claude or Jennette are harming me and I rarely see Blackie either. Still, I miss Lucas. I hope he comes back soon.