ⓕⓘⓕⓣⓔⓔⓝ

Well finals kicked my ass and they're still not even over so yay im so happy hahahh *dies* Yeah but that's why it took me so long to update because I HAD SO MUCH TO STUDY AND I MY BRAIN CAPACITY HAD REACHED IT'S LIMIT SO JUST READ THIS AND CUDDLE ME AND TELL ME EVERYTHINGS OK

Anywho, I'm trying to avoid the topic of sadness because of the last chapter... but... uh, this one is short and lame okay bye *runs and hides*

*whispers* Go read my other muke fic if you want to be cheered up wink wink nudge nudge

<><><><><><><>

"What are we doing for Halloween?" Calum asked, plopping onto Luke's bed. "I was thinking we could go as Mario and Luigi, what do you think?"

Luke shrugged, staring at the TV, where Keeping Up with the Kardashians was playing, but he wasn't really processing anything on the screen. Calum had been trying for three solid days to cheer Luke up, unknowing of what was getting him down in the first place. He did, however, suspect it had something to do with Michael because the boy hadn't contacted any of them since their break started.

"Luuuuke," the dark haired boy whined. "Please let me cheer you up. What's wrong? You haven't been the same lately."

"I dunno." Luke lied.

"Well, you're home with your family for a while, you have your best friend here, and Ashton will be over soon... My Calum senses are telling me it's something to do with Michael." Calum declared, lying his head on Luke's stomach.

"Michael's not even here." Luke snapped, turning the TV off and lying his head back on his pillow.

"Yeah, but a few fays ago we were all together. The day of Ashton and I's date you guys seemed weird and the day after, you didn't even say goodbye to each other. Did you fight?" Calum asked, concerned. He probably should have made some attempt to contact his other best friend, but he had been so wrapped up with seeing his family again that even seeing Ashton and Luke today had been a miracle.

"Not exactly." Luke sighed, thankful for Ashton bursting into the room and distracting Calum from asking more questions by kissing him directly on the mouth. Luke rolled his eyes and threw a pillow at them. "Really, guys? You haven't seen each other for two days and you act like it's been a year."

Ashton pulled away from Calum and frowned at Luke. "Someone's grumpy."

"Yeah, sorry about him. I think something happened between Michael and him before break. He won't tell me anything." Calum pouted, nuzzling into Ashton's neck.

"Is Michael okay?" Ashton asked hurriedly, reluctantly stepping away from his boyfriend of sorts. (He hadn't officially asked him yet, ok?) "What happened?"

"Nothing happened!" Luke snapped, standing up and heading to the door. "We just had a disagreement. I'm going on a walk. I'll be back in a few."

With that, he was out of his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"I feel like it was more than a disagreement." Ashton sighed as they heard Luke's footsteps thundering down the stairs.

. . .

Luke was shivering as he walked down the sidewalk. It was dark out, but he knew exactly where he was going to clear his mind.

He turned down a hidden dirt road that he and Calum had found when they were exploring one day due to boredom. The boys had found that it led to a serene area containing a stream surrounded by trees. They used to hang out there all the time until their band took off and they found themselves touring the world.