ⓣⓦⓔⓛⓥⓔ

How much do you guys hate me for keeping you all in suspense? But actually the real reason this took a me bit is just because I suck at doing life lmao. What else do I have to say... Oh yeah, wasn't something interesting supposed to happen in this chapter? Hmm.. I don't remember. I guess you'll just have to read ;)

<><><><><><><><>

Luke could've gone along with the kiss without a second glance and no questions asked, but life wasn't that easy.

The boy was either having a stroke or an asthma attack. Possibly both. All he knew was that he could barely breathe and Ashton was laughing far too loudly for him to think. The drummer was currently leaning on Heath and attempting to form a sentence.

"W-wait, you're SERIOUS? Michael has to kiss Luke?!" Ashton cackled as Calum rolled his eyes, smirking at the older boy.

"Of course I'm serious!" Heath grinned, clapping his hands. "I saw that it's really been a popular opinion lately when I was stalking your guys' social media."

Luke jumped at that statement. "Excuse me?" He asked sharply. "What exactly has been a popular opinion?"

"Oh, just that a lot of people quote on quote 'ship' you and Michael together. I figure if we satisfy that need, the video will be sure to break records!" Heath responded casually.

Michael was staring with his jaw open at the director "How did we not know about this?" He asked, taking a cautious step forward. Calum and Ashton smiled when Michael spoke without being asked a question. Luke, however, was still in too much shock to realize.

"It's hard to miss, you guys." Calum piped in. "There's hashtags of it everywhere. You both also know what muke af is and people say it all the time."

"Well yeah, but I didn't know they actually wanted us to kiss and do couple-y shit together!" Michael cried out, red blush creeping on to his cheeks. "I thought it was just fun and games."

Luke faltered a bit at this. Yeah, fun and games for Michael maybe, but with each day, Luke was finding it harder and harder not to let his feelings for the older boy emerge. He supposes kissing him wouldn't help that situation.

"No, they're quite serious, but I'm surprised at how respectful they are of you guys. It's really quite nice." Heath started up again, gesturing for the four boys to follow him down the dimly lit hallway. Then, as if the kiss wasn't a big deal, he casually changed the subject by saying "Come with me! I'll show you the stage and set."

HA, respect me my ass Michael thought. They already call me fag and if I kiss Luke they'll probably find some way to make me look the bad guy.

"Here's the stage where the 'real' versions of you guys will be playing your instruments la dee da, then we'll cut back and forth between the 'good' versions of you and the 'badass' versions of you throughout the video." The director explained, talking fast and walking even faster.

"That's gonna be so sick!" Ashton exclaimed, grabbing onto Calum excitedly. Calum looked at him fondly before glancing at Luke and Michael as Heath lead them onward.

"Are you guys gonna do it? The kiss, I mean."

Luke said "Yes." at the same time as Michael said "I don't know".

Calum raised an eyebrow and bit his lip "Well, this is awkward." He muttered, biting back a grin as Ashton pulled him along. Luke and Michael's heads whipped around to each other and Michael stared at the slightly taller boy with wide eyes.

"Yes? You agreed that quickly?" He hissed as Heath began talking again, drawing Ashton and Calum's attention away from them. Luke began to blush, but forced himself to shrug and look casual.