Chapter Nineteen ~The Face Of Beauty~

I was down. Down. Down. i struggled to breathe, water filling my lungs quicker than i could snap my fingers. My fingers. I moved them, barely. The water was too weighed down on my chest. My mouth hung open. my eyes wide with terror trying to see what the blurry water would allow me too.

My hands slowly banging on the car door to open. The latch wouldn't budge to my will. This was the bad thing. "Hel..-" my lungs filled with more water. Fuck. I was done. I love you Alex. My vision, against my will, went black. And the last thing on my mind, Alex.

~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~

'DEATHS' P.O.V.
i watched in devastation at the Jeep go off the side of the old red bridge. It hurt me to think that Luna was suffering. What? No, shut up. I need to laugh, this is my job I was assigned to her. I can't just let her die. I can. No.. She needs to live. I shot down the bridge jumping off the edge to her rescue. Why? I don't know.

Luna was restless at attempting to break out of the car. The water making her fists slower on impact. My black jeans restricting my legs from longer strides. My blond hair thrashing in the water as i moved quickly to save her.

I've tormented her for her whole life not knowing I would feel sorry for her in the end. In the end. That was not going to happen. My hands reached the door. I basically ripped it off its hinges.

I swam in and gripped Luna at her sides and swam to the surface. How do i have feelings for her? No these were not feelings, dammit. No. I put her on the grass, hair spread messily on her forehead. Her lips were blue and I'mq scared that I didn't get her on time.

Man, I wish I could kiss the warmth back onto her lips. All of a sudden she bolted up coughing, hacking up water. struggling to breathe. She looked at me as if she never seen me before. "Who are you?" She asked. Oh right, not in my 'costume.' fuck.

"Um... Well, this is what i look like." Her eyes shot open wider than before. "I'm Gerome. Please stop calling me your death." I exclaimed. "Wh- what? Why am i still alive?" She almost look ed disappointed. Fuck. "i saved you." i smirked. But it vanished a second after.

Her cheeks went Scarlett. "Allow me to introduce myself. Hello, I'm Gerome," i smiled. "And well, I'm your 'death.'"

"What does that mean? If your my death and you saved me? Why didn't you let me die? Isn't that like, i don't know, your job?" She exclaimed, confused. Hell i was confused myself. "I don't know. Maybe we'll find out one day." She nodded and took my outstretched hand to help her up.

This is gonna be one hell of an adventure.

~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~•*•~

Stay beautiful, keep it ugly.

Xxx