Chapter Thirteen ~Walking With Fire~

LUNAS P.O.V.

I had to return to school today. back to hell with those unforgivable sluts that littered the hallway.

I place the black beanie over the faded blue mess that sits on top of my head and adjusted my blue and black checkered flannel. I grabbed my bag off the table and threw on my black combat boots over my light blue skinny jeans.

I sighed as I checked the mirror one last time to check if I had my make-up correctly fixed upon my face. I heard footsteps from behind me. approaching my body from where I stood.

"Are you ready?" I heard alex say as he gripped my hand.

I gave it a slight squeeze and nodded my head.

"If I have to be" I added. He smiled and chuckled letting it fill the room.

We made our way out of the house and down the familiar narrow gravel pathway and into his beat up black car.

The ride was silent on the twenty minuet ride to the school.

But we finally reAched our destination.

He got out of the car with me and held my hand as I we both took carful steps up the cemented stairs and to the open front doors of hell.

The first step I took into the school all eyes were suddenly in me. then Alex. the out hand that were linked together.

I never really mentioned it did i?

Alex was a popular at our school. not like one of the bullies or the stuck up snobs. as you might see. but laid back and never really gave a fuck. had good grades but was just surviving life in this hell.

As we walked past the snickering whispers and the deathly glances at our direction we finally reached my locker.

Quickly I put in the combination and opened the squeaky door.

And BAM! shit tons of letters fell out of my locker.

'Bitch'

'Slut'

'He'll never love you'

'Whore'

All these things and more came pushing itself into my mind.

'Damn' I thought. I was ask oat forgetting about these.

I grabbed the stuff I needed and slammed my locker shut leaving it to echo throughout the hallway.

"I'll see you at lunch, angel." alex said as he gave me a quick peck on The forehead. leaving me stranded In the middle of a stranded hallway.

I regained my composure and quickly made my way to class. Silently I crept to the back of the class. avoiding stares and glances thrown like daggers in my direction.

I slid into my seat and and put my ear buds in.

'I can't take this anymore, I'll draw the shades and close the door everything's not alright. and I would rather...' played as the bell ring dismissing us to our next class.

I gathered my belongings and placed my ear buds in my pocket.

I walked out of the class heading in the direction of my next class until someone 'bumped' into me.

I looked up. Dallas. the king of assholes was i front of me and towering over my figure.

"Watch where you're going fucking nasty ass emo." he spat out stabbing into my already open wounds.

"Dallas Collins." a booming voice came from the other side of the hallway. "you better leave her alone." Alex's voice rang into the back of my head.

I got up and started to pick up my things. I stood up and started walking to my class leaving alex behind.

THREE HOURS LATER-------------

It was lunch. I made my way to the music room deciding to skip lunch. it was revolting in every way. the slop that they feed us is disgusting. horrible salty tastes your forced to choke down or starve.

And that's when the 'populars' came into the room. blocking the doors. they never came into here what are they doing?

"So I heard your little 'boyfriend' Alex saved from that little incident in the hallway." Marcia spoke. "I thought you were going to kill yourself? what happened are you to coward?" she used a faked pitied voice.

"Oh right, did he find you about to kill yourself. he told you he loved you didn't he?" she asked a little to enthusiastically. "HA!" she let out a snort. "he did didn't he." she took a step forward "step off bitch. he will never love you. he's mine."

"Monica. what gives you the right to speak to me like this. What the hell. did I ever do to to make you fucking hate me this much. I AM SICK OF YOUR SHIT MONICA SWEFT."

I yelled at her. first she stepped back a bit but then lit up.

She stepped forward and slapped me. HARD.

Stumbling back, I fell over my guitar case. I held my cheek while gawking at Monica.

She then mounted my slim body and started throwing punches. her hands flailing around my face and my stomach.

One punch.

Two punches.

Three punches.

Four punches.

It went black. darkness filled the air. I felt her weight shift off of me.

1.2.3.4.5.seconds passed

10.20.30.40.50. seconds passed.

50.100.150.200. seconds passed.

200.400.600. seconds passed.

The door creeped opened.

"Jesus Luna..." Alex's voice whispered. his arms wrapped around my body. I groaned at the touch of his warmth.

I felt his arms reach under my back and under my legs. i was lifted up through the doorway an into an unfamiliar coldness of air.

We soon met the school gates. by then I had opened my eyes. as he took steps toward the black car.

He set me up into the passenger side seat and got in hisself. the twenty minute ride was ominous.

When we got to the small house that sat on top of that small hill he got out and carried me back into the house.

We entered his room where he set me on the bed and wrapped me in the red duvet. alex soon lied beside me on the queen seized bed and wrapped his arms around my body.

I could feel his short breaths on the back of my neck. wetness began to form.

"Alex, whatever you are thinking. stop it. none of this is your fault." I spoke but he just snuggled up to me. his arms growing tighter around my body.

"U can't help but feel it is..." is what he left me with to think about until darkness consumed me into a dreamless sleep.