Chapter Fifteen ~I See You Sitting Before Me~

LUNAS P.O.V.
Alex's hand was linked with mine. swinging carelessly back and forth between the quiet air.
I'd sneak glances of him through the corner of my eyes only to see him doing the same. Then switching my eyes trying to hide a blush from his view.
The multi- colored leafs crunched under our weight as or feet moved to the rhythm of no beat. We were heading to school. hell to be exact.
I wrapped my black coat even more tightly around my figure it attempt to lock the coldness out.
Alex let go of my hand, only to wrap his arm around my shoulders and reconnecting my hand with his so my hand was wrapped around my chest to reach his above my shoulder.
He grabbed my free hand with his other free one so i was basically wrapped in his and my warmth. I smiled lovingly at him. As he did the same.
"Alex.." i spoke softly. "hmm?" he responded lazily. "do we have to go?" He chuckled. "you do want to graduate right?" He asked jokingly. i sighed and continued walking.
"Angel. don't worry about it. you'll be fine, alright?" Alex's voice sincere but stern. nodding my head i saw the thing out of the thing corner of my eye. 'No' i thought 'not today, just leave me alone.'
It chuckled as i watched it from afar. 'its funny you'd think i'd listen to you.'
I scoffed quietly but kept walking on. fully aware i was being watched. maybe. maybe followed.
'Luna! ignore it' i kept repeating in my head.
----20 minutes later----
We reached the gates of the school and, avoiding glares, i kept my head down letting my fringe fall out over my face.
But that didn't stop me from hearing the painful daggering snickers from the people i passed step by step. i picked my head up looking where to go from here. "stay safe" alex reminded me. nodding, i headed in the direction of my beat up locker in the abandoned hallway.
I slammed it closed after grabbing the items i needed and headed towards class. that is until i was met with the face of Brady, the schools first class asshole. but everyone seemed to just love him.
"Oh look, well isn't it the freak?" he spat. i looked into his blue eyes that bored into my green ones. harsh and cold. full of bitter bullshit. "Oh look, well isn't it the douche bag?" i mimicked his greeting towards me, pushing my limits.
His eyes bubbled with anger as he lifted his hand to strike my cheek with a force of pain. but before anything as his hand slowly came towards me it was stopped by a pale hand none other than Alex's.
"I don't suppose that you were just about to hit a woman,were you?" Alex spoke calmly. he was angry to say the least. but in a calm manner, that was a change. usually he reacts right away.
I grabbed my stuff of the ground and sprinted toward my first class. i sat just before the bell ring as the teacher entered the small room and began to take attendance.
---5 hours later---
The last class of the day, Music. my favorite class besides art.
"Alright students take your seats. i need to talk about an upcoming project first then you can mess around with the instruments." we all sat, me in the back next to the instrument i was going to play after this announcement. the piano.
"Alright, now this assignment includes performing in front of the class when it is due. you all have exactly one month to write a song about something that means a lot to you. past experiences. new ones. what ever. but to ace it has to inquire an instrument." my heart thudded in my chest to the beat anxiety.
"You may now start with what ever you're working with." i jolted upright and hurried to the piano that was beside me.
I tapped the keys to random notes that soon became cords.

At that moment the bell rung. drowning out the sound of the piano.

I quickly got up and gathered my things as the kids in my class flooded the class room.

"Miss Jacobson," my teacher spoke before i left. My head lifted to her direction, "Id like to have a word with you, come, sit. Mrs Collins said in a welcoming tone, parting the seat next to her.

I sat next to the teacher and sighed before she spoke. "So, we received a call from you father, or the police to be in fact. He is in prison, for-" i cut her off before she finished. "I bet he is. But that means nothing to me, i am 17 years old turning 18 next month. I can fend for myself."

She nodded, "you may go." she said.

------1 hour later------

I heard the front door swing open and alex put all his things away from work.

I was in his bed trying to dry my tears before he walked in to the bedroom.

"Hey Luna, i'm home." I sniffled in response. "I'm sorry."

His weight shifted the bed as he climbed on. "for what?"

I laughed sadly and got up. "for being such a fuck up."

He sighed and wrapped me in his arms. "its only true if you believe it is. but your not. i know that."

We stayed like that for a bit. "do you wanna feel beautiful?" He quoted. "lets be alone together, we could stay young forever." i smiled.

"I don't know where you're going but do you have one more troubled soul?"

I then peacefully drifted to sleep to the sound of alex singing softly to Fall Out Boy.

------2 weeks later------

"Alex stop TiCKLING ME!" I shouted while trying to get away from his reach.
"Maybe." he said.
"Maybe?" I said, while raising an eyebrow.

"Yea, Maybe." He sighed.
"Maybe..." i repeated.

His eyes flashed with a shimmer. "Perhaps 'Maybe' will be our always." he said.

"You did not just quote that." i asked smiling like an idiot.

"I wish you could see your face right now. cause you grinning like a fool." he said avoiding my question.

"ANSWER MY QUESTION, FUCKFACE." I shouted jokingly.

"And yes, i DID just quote the movie." he said.

"Because 'Maybe' WILL be our 'Always'" and he ended that sentence with a kiss.