Chapter Twenty

*Matt's point of view.*

-Two Years Laer-

"Two years ago to this day, we lost three amazing people. And four years ago, we lost one of the worlds greatest drummers. I myself, as well as my wife and my best friends that stand behind me, have lost important people in our lives. Our bestfriends. Two years ago we were meant to fly out to England for a winter fest to play in the name of Jimmy. Sadly, we never made it. Our plane went down that night of the 28th of December. That morning we only had relized we last two of our friends. Jonathon Seward and Matthew Berry. They werent just apart of the band or crew, they were family. Later that night, we lost another friend and band member, Brian Haner Jr. And lastly, that following morning after we had been found and brought to the hospital in England, we lost our new drummer and newst member of our family, Cynthia Radke. Those three are now together with Jimmy, our best friend and brother lost four years ago. Thank you all for coming out and remembering the ones close to us. They were great artist, musicans, and even greater friends." I said giving my speach at the memorial viewing.

As I stepped down from the mic, my two year old son came running up to me. I picked him up and hugged him tight, as he threw his arms around my neck.

"Daddy loves you River, you know that right?" I asked him.

He nodded his head and kept hugging onto me.

"That was perfect babe." Val told me as she kissed my cheek.

I nodded my head and looked at my friends that were still with me.

"Thank you." Amber told me.

I smiled at her and leaned against the wall to watch the tribute video we just released.

After the video was over, we went out to dinner. Me, Val, my son, Brandy and Zacky, Jason, and Amber with her new boyfriend, which was Zacky's brother Matty. A few people who knew was told us how sorry they felt, but let us alone for dinner in piece.

"Hey, at least they are all with Jimmy, right?" Zacky said breaking the silence at the table.

I nodded my head and smiled at him, "Right."

Brandy shook her head, "I cant believe its been two years."

"I miss my gnome." Amber said starring at the table, then looked at Matty, "Im sorry."

Matty kissed her head, "Its okay. You can miss him, its not bad."

"We all miss him Amber." I told her, "I miss Brian, Cyndy, and Matt every day. I still miss Jimmy and thats been four years."

The rest of the dinner, was quiet, but long. Once we finished, we went on our speart ways. Val and I went home and I put River to bed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Val asked me.

I sighed and leaned against the dresser, "I am, but its weird, not going out on the road."

She sighed as well, "I know, but there was nothing you could have done. Make a whole nothing band?"

"You right." I said crawling next to her.

She wrapped her arms around me and held onto me tight.

"If I would have lost you, I dont know what I would have done." I said thinking about it.

She kissed my chest and looked up at me, "Dont think about it anymore, promise?"

"I promise." I said as I closed my eyes.

That night, I dreamed about the horrible event all over again. I hated it. I missed my friends. I hated not touring or making music anymore, but it was for the best. We lost to many people, so we put Avenged to rest like the fallen members. The only thing that kept my mind at ease, was having River and Valary with me. And knowing, my friends were all together, with Jimmy. I knew, Jimmy welcomed them with open arms. Apart of me wish I was with them, but I knew I had to be a role modle for my son.

People go threw alot and expierance death. Some cant push past it. As for me, I did. I got threw it. I have my own little family to take care and now when the bad thoughts come to mind, I push them right out without thinking twice. I know one day though, I'll join the family again, and I'll deffianitly be welcomed.