5% my fat senses are tingling

"You don't know where we are."

He stuck his thumb out and pointed to his chest. "I do so. We're almost there."

This new ego was growing on him.  The abrupt charm wiggled its way into his brain, and he let the strange magic consume his thoughts.  

Irritated by his stubbornness, she shook her head. "It's dark now and we've been walking for hours. My feet hurt."

He was sure the school was a few blocks down. Keeping close to her, he took discreet glances over his shoulder to see if they were being followed. "Don't worry. We're close."

Feeling slightly on edge, she skipped onto the curb and walked along liked a tight rope, arms reaching out for balance.

"Why do you fight to be away from me?" His voice was small, not meant to be heard.  The spirit decided to give some control back to the boy, but kept a sprinkle of confidence in his heart.

"I don't fight you. It's just not natural." Her tiny feet wobbled one after another.

"Natural for a boy to fall for a girl?" He kept an eye on her feet.

She shrugged her head to the side. "Yeah. It doesn't seem realistic. That's something you'd see in movies or books."

"Okay. What about natural for a girl to fall for a boy? Is that realistic?" This time his eyes went to her scrunched face. She was concentrating hard on this balancing act.

"No. It's not natural. Because falling in love means you're gonna fall. And I don't like falling." Her next step was on a patch of ice and in seconds she was in the air, squealing as those Doc Martin shoes were up.

He scooped her before she landed, both hearts pressed together with a nose to nose touch.

"But I'll catch you."

This smooth, motherfucker. 

The boy was startled.  The ego swelled in the boy's mind, this witty soul attaching himself on him.  He didn't understand what was going on.  Who was this other spirit filling his body?  Chillax, home skillet.  Just enjoy yourself tonight. 

 The charming soul whispered through his ear, and the boy relaxed, not wanting to alarm the girl.  This was OK.  This spirit meant no harm.  

Right?