4% fat people give the best hugs

The chilly morning breeze nipped at his exposed, pale cheeks.  His decision between hair gel or no gel consumed most of his morning.

Hell, that self debate cost him five minutes more than his usual time.

He leaned on the bus stop sign, catching his breath.

"Nice outfit," she said.

He was a deer in headlights at that voice. All that could function was his neck as he craned it to the side. And downwards.

He was more than two heads taller.

"Are you..."  His voice muffled against the damp scarf.  "...Talking to me?"

"No, I'm talking to the pole."

Her sarcasm melted his frozen state. "Thanks?"  His foot wouldn't stop tapping the sidewalk.  "For the compliment?"

Her stare burned into his school crest on his burgundy jacket. "You're a Catholic boy, huh?"

"Student of St. Margarets Private School."  He gave off a little salute and respectively checked her army jacket and realized she never wore the same clothes. "You don't have a uniform."

"Public school," she answered.

He wanted to talk more, but he didn't want to annoy her so he kept silent. She did too.

The bus never arrived. 

Soon it was just the two of them waiting at the post, and sure he could've went home yet he didn't want to leave her alone. He lowered the scarf from his mouth. "Why don't you go home?"

She scowled, clearly already furious about the absent bus. "I have to drop off my biology assessment today or else I'll receive a zero."

"So?"

"So?!" she exclaimed. "I'd rather saw my ankle off than receive a zero."

It was terribly unlike him to roll his eyes, however this spirit couldn't resist.  "Lady, you're overreacting."

"Overreacting?!"

It was impossible not to smile at her disheveled glare and grabbed her hand. "Oh, c'mon."  He laughed and tugged her away.  The boy, curious to where this would go, allowed the spirit to take over his body. 

This'll be fun.  You won't regret this.  

The boy added, "I'll walk you to your school. We'll be there in a...jiffy."

"Jiffy?"  She yanked her hand away with a huff and he laughed even harder. "What makes you think I don't know where my own school is?!"

"Because you seem like the type who is more book smart than street smart; eyes in the textbook rather than the outdoors." He arched a brow and with her next silence, he laughed again.

She crossed her arms, walking alongside with tight lips.

A little saddened, he nudged her shoulder with the need to cheer her lonely soul and leaned in close. "Wanna know a secret?"

Although she didn't look in his direction as they walked, he knew she was listening.

He pointed to the tower clock as it struck another hour. "Every 11:11 I wish for another chance to be with you."