3% all about that bass

"Why do you keep following me?"  As she talked she swept her hair in a bun, tail ends sticking out of the donut shaped bunch.

He liked her hair up. He could see her face more.

He shrugged.   "Coincidence?" The yellow taxi zoomed past their feet.

"Or you're a stalker," she said.  A truck rushed by, building a harsh wind against their sides.

His response was surprisingly quick. "Or because every morning, we've been getting picked up by the same city for the past few months."

She snapped back, "Sorry I don't analyze each living specimen in a crowd of at least thirty every time I wait for the bus."

"It's okay. I don't analyze each living specimen here."  This dark ego threw up two words, forcing the boy to add, "Only you."

"You're really creeping me out."

"Me too," he agreed.  Her dumbfounded face made him try to rewind the situation.  "I mean, yeah-I'm creeping myself out...too."

A nervous swelling formed in his throat and words that weren't crafted by himself built in his mind.

Whoops.  That line just slipped.  Please.   Continue making a fool out of yourself.

The boy wished he could strangle this strange spirit controlling half his body, but quickly registered the confused girl in front of him.  

  "Sorry," he continued.  "You're just..." His eyes didn't roam like others did. His green eyes only seemed to get lost in her muddy ones. "Pretty."

Someone was placing words in his mouth.  Where were these lines coming from, he thought.

But he dismissed the strangeness when her lips started to curl.

For the first time, she hinted a small smile with flashing white teeth, her two front ones slightly bigger like the rest of her. "Thanks. I guess."

He pocketed that smile.

He'd like to keep it for a while.