10% worst tutor ever

Author Note:

Remember, things in bold is the spirit talking in the boy's head.

+++

He had never been so scared of time until now.

4:05

He moved his arms behind his chair and sat on leg on top his knee. "No," he said to himself, and put his hands on his lap, kicking his feet on the table. "Nono."

He let out a frustrated sigh, his feet dropping to the ground with a thunk.

"How does one sit casually?" he asked aloud. This corner of the library was thankfully empty, leaving the boy to stress over his looks.

He licked his fingers and brushed them over his brows. "Ew," he quickly said, whipping his brows across his sleeve.

4:06

Maybe she ditched you.

"Shut up," the boy grumbled. The voice refused to leave his head, and earlier agreed he'd let the boy take the reins on this encounter with Lacey.

4:07

He heard footsteps and sat upright, his knee hitting under the desk. "Yewoch!"

"What up, loser," Lacy said, coming in with her pink bag and school clothes.

He wished he packed an extra pair of clothes to replace this stupid uniform he was wearing. "Hello," he said and stood up.

He stuck his hand out.

Lacy looked down at his hand and flashed a weird smile. "This is a tutoring session. Not an interview." She grabbed his wrist, and warmth rushed to his neck. "Here." She cupped his hand curled it. "Fist pump." She bumped knuckles with mine and laughed. "Are you okay? You don't look so hot."

HA. Does she know you're sweating through your pits?

"Sorry. Yeah." He pointed to the time. "I was afraid you wouldn't show up."

Lacey didn't apologize for her tardiness, and took a seat beside him.

He swallowed hard, sitting next to her. Their thighs lightly brushed. His ears grew warm.

Unless this is a different kind of tutoring, I suggest you take a mental, cold shower.

She reached over, and plonked her textbook on the table. "Today, my math class was looking at graphs..."

Suddenly, the boy felt something stirring between his pants.

Sir. I think something is invading us in the south.

"Hey," Lacey said and he noticed she was snapping her fingers in his face. "Hello? Earth to boy? You there?"

"Yeah, yeah." He blinked back. "Sorry. I just got a bit lost for a second." The thing stirred more and his jeans got uncomfortable.

"Really?" She stared down at his pants. "I feel I know what direction you're pointing to."

Yo. I didn't order a trip to the Eiffel Tower. Too bad boner traveling service doesn't accept refunds.

He quickly crossed his legs, flushed with hot ears.

Lacy laughed, and removed her gaze from his pants. "Whatever. It doesn't bother me enough. So like I said, graphs...can you explain this to me?"

He tightened his leg over his other leg. "Mhm hm," he replied and leaned in, stomach pressing into the desk. "...Here, I would've divided by the cosecant and substituted in the Pythagorean identity."

"I love it when you talk trigonometric," Lacey commented.

Then he blurted. "I'll do algebra, I'll do trig, and I'll even do statistics, but graphing is where I draw the line."

God, no.

She laughed again.

The boy bit his bottom lip, releasing a tense laugh and said, "If you was X squared, I'd be X cubed over three plus a constant so I could be the area under yo curves."

Stop this disgrace to the English language.

She clutched her stomach, doubling over in laughter.

He broke out into a smile. I told you I could make her laugh, he told the spirit in his head.

And math puns are the first sine of madness.

+++

Author Note:

MATH PUNS ARE GREAT

MATH PUNS ARE GREAT. HA.

Xx

Az.