56: Mad Cheesy Man

Spencer had reached the front of their house. He didn't rush to open the closed gate. He's now having a second thought if he will go inside their house or not? But since he is here he'll not leave.

"Anak, kain na." His mother's greetings glared at him as he opened the door.

"Busog ako, 'Ma." The shape of Spencer's face was uncertain and it didn't look good as it went on.

His mother was so decided to seem to compensate for her shortcomings, so she quickly grabbed her son's hand and pulled it in because she thought it was just shy of her. "Halika na... ipinagluto kita... masarap 'to-"

"AYOKO NGA SABI!" Spencer pushed his mom as he shouted out loud at the urge of the lady and he only wanted to get out of its hands forcing him.

"SPENCER!" Wennard's high-pitched speech now joined the commotion. Spencer was stupefied when Wennard approached him suddenly and stared at him with glaring and burning eyes. "SINABI KONG 'WAG MONG BABASTUSIN ANG MAMA MO!"

"E, ANO BANG PAKIALAM MO!?" The word 'respect' in Spencer's vocabulary had totally disappeared and his answers became rude and meaningless. "PAPA BA KITA, HA!?"

Wennard couldn't answer Spencer's question for the words seemed to be a huge slapped to him.

"MAY PAKIALAM BA KAYO SA'KIN?" Spencer asked again as the anger still lingered inside him. "WALA. MAY PAKIALAM LANG KAYO SA ISA'T ISA. SA 'KIN, WALA!"

After Spencer answered his own question, he turned away from his mom and the man who was acting like his real father.

"Peng!" Guianna cries, calling his son who is now running outside, away from them.

"Dito ka lang, honey. Ako nang bahala sa kanya..." Wennard gently kissed Guianna on the forehead to say that the situation would return to normal.

"Wennard..." Guianna said as tears streamed from her eyes. Worried.

"Hindi ko siya sasaktan, honey. Don't worry..." Wennard approached Guianna and calmed her down as he spoke directly to the eyes.

He quickly ran to chase after Spencer. Even when he is unaccustomed and not used to such tedious tasks, he still insists on not getting tired. It was more important for him to find Spencer. Until his feet brought him to the man he was looking for.

"HOY! TIGILAN N'YO 'YAN!" He passed as he approached Spencer surrounded by men. Gangsters in the street tripping Spencer. They're punching and kicking Spencer with no mercy but when they saw the Mayor of Manila- Wennard; they withdrew their attacks as if their asses got terrified.

"Nasaktan ka ba, Peng?" Wennard asked Spencer when those violent crooks left. He lend his hand to the guy who needs help for him to stand.

"Bitiwan mo 'ko, I don't need your help." The teenager's response was overwhelming but instead of gratitude, he was angry.

Wennard sat down next to him and began to declare that even if Spencer did not listen to him, his decision was made to express his thoughts.

"You know, I don't know why you're always mad at me. I don't know if it's because your dad is my best friend and I also love the girl he loves, Guianna- your mom o galit ka dahil pumapapel ako sa buhay mo, dahil pinapakialaman ko ang buhay mo or is it because I'm acting like a dad."

Spencer was quiet but he listened intently even though he didn't seem to care.

"I just want to tell you that even if you push me away, I'm not going to leave you. I will love and treat you like my real son. Every time I see you, I remember your dad, my best friend. That's how he's like you, not just an ordinary player but a baseball enthusiast. He is as good as you are. Gusto ko rin sabihin na... proud na proud ako sa 'yo. Kaya sana bigyan mo ako ng chance na-"

Spencer was struck by every word Mayor Wennard uttered to him.

"Can you promise me that you won't hurt my mom?" He cut off Wennard's long talk.

"..."

"Kasi ako, ilang beses ko na siya nasaktan at maraming beses ko na rin siyang pinaiyak." Spencer was now talking with the eyes of the man next to him.

"Absolutely not." Wennard promises that sincerity is intact; promises to fulfill Spencer's wish for his dear mother.

"Good." Spencer nodded and held out his hand. Wennard also held out his hand. Spencer quickly took Wennard's hand for a quick handshake. "What do you want me to call you? Papa, Dad, Tatay..."

"What do you want?" Wennard asked Spencer who was now doing well.

"Pare." Spencer replied.

"Seryoso ka r'yan, ah?" Wennard's responded as he began to smile.

"Opo, pare." Spencer is really serious about what he says.

"Okay, let's go home, pare." Wennard did nothing but agree and that's the coolest thing he ever had. Cool dude.

"Sorry po pala, pare." Spencer aforementioned as they walked with Wennard on their way home.

"Wala 'yon, pare, I understand you." Wennard patted Spencer's shoulder. "Pare, it's your birthday tomorrow, right? Anong regalo gusto mo pare?"

"'Wag na po, pare. Ayos lang. Anything po basta cheese flavor." Spencer was circumspectly to answer, so Wennard touched up then shook the hair of the shy young man- said what gift he would like to receive.

"Sure, pare." Wennard laughed at what Spencer said and did nothing to stop himself from laughing. Until Spencer was laughing too hard. Is laughter contagious?

Well, it was fun to watch the two opposing parties before talking to each other now. Now that the word "acceptance" has been shared between the two of them, Spencer has accepted Wennard for his mom and is now allowing it to intervene his life. He will let Wennard stand as his father.