50: Rainy Season

"Uy, Peng!" Reggie's energetic greeting with a blow to Spencer's head. "How soon you will wake up! Tara na, excited na 'ko ma-meet ang new classmates natin." He led his friend who is still mum and glum at that moment.

They got to their classes but Spencer was quiet all day. Reggie noticed those changes with his friend. Also worried at the same time because he knew Spencer wasn't like that. He was not accustomed to seeing such a friend in a such situation.

They went to the library after class because they had no practice today because the baseball and soccer field was wet with a heavy downpour. Spencer hoped he could see Sierra here but he couldn't see anything neither her shadow was not seen. And since they were in the library it was Reggie playing Mobile Legends on his cellphone with his earphone on both ears as well as Spencer who instead of reading a book, just listening to music on his phone- "Balang Araw / Silent Sanctuary" -lending his mind to every lyrics that came from the song, his heart felt it and his heartbeat accompanies the rhythm as he gazed out the window as the rain continuously pouring down the stream.

The month of June ended without even realizing it. Within that month, Sierra had cut off the connection she had with Spencer. However, Spencer still sends voice messages daily to Sierra even though he does not receive any response. He still updates the girl on what happens to him every day. Sierra has yet to open her Twitter and Instagram messages but she keeps on tweeting which has become her hobby knowing that Spencer will keep on retweeting her tweets, she doesn't mind.

"It's July and I know this is a good month for you Agustinians. Intrams is coming next week! Enjoy the event, okay? Class dismiss." Miss Lizzet Sabroso, who is Sierra's teacher again, left the classroom. They are still the same section and nothing has changed much to her classmates. There are some cuts and additions- some newbies and transferees but they are still the former section.

If there were any creatures in this classroom who could not contain the cheerfulness when their teacher left the class it was none other than the Power Fan Girls.

"OMG! Laban na ni Daddy Spencer sa Monday!" said Ailyn who has become wilder and more vocal right now. She can shout anytime she wants and no one can stop her from being loud for the today's class was now officially ended.

"OMG! It's Friday now, I can't wait girls! " Kamyl said jumping and banging her head as if thought she was crazy and totally out of her mind.

"OMG! Girls! Look at this! " Dana screamed with her girly and pitchy voice then the two of her friends approached her to see what Dana had seen on her cellphone.

"OMG!" Power Fan Girls said in unison as their hands covered their mouths in surprise. "Congrats, Queen Darlene!" They now approach Darlene and greet her warmly.

Darlene looked down at Sierra looking at her too. She squint angrily at the girl before standing up and stuffed that expensive bag over her shoulder. They looked at Sierra one by one as they rolled their eyes as if they were antagonists in a movie that plays the role well. The Power Fan Girls and Darlene left the classroom and left the quiet Sierra alone.

Sometime later Sierra came out of the classroom walking down the hallway but she stopped when she turned around. Her descent into the stairs was delayed when she saw Darlene and Spencer down there.

"Happy first month, baby!" Darlene said and demurely kissed Spencer on the cheek. Sierra didn't want to see what was going to happen next, so she hid quickly and did everything she could to keep herself hiding. Meanwhile, Darlene hands over the chocolate and flowers she holds to Spencer. Sierra thought Spencer had given it to Darlene but she was wrong because the one who bought the flowers was not the cheesy man but the bitchy girl. It's really different now, it's woman who give flowers to man. Or maybe it's just Darlene's- being too desperate to the point that she was willing to do everything just to get what she wants.

On the other hand, on the wall where Sierra is leaning who seemed like her chest was being pinned down by a huge steamroller or her heart as if it were entwined with barbed wires for she doesn't seem to be able to breathe properly- crying as she walks away from the two. She turned and changed her direction to its opposite. There she just passed by.

At that time, she remembered what Darlene had told her during their enrollment days.

"Sierra, don't expect your school life to be so peaceful this year 'cause I won't let you experience it. You started the mess with me. I'm always ashamed of our teachers because of you. Yes, you succeeded in stealing away the crown of being the most outstanding student here at Colegio San Agustin but I will never allow you to ruin my reputation. My name and popularity are more important to me now." Darlene who seriously talking to Sierra inside the girl's comfort room. The Power Fan Girls lined up at the door to make sure no one can hear what they were talking about.

"I'm not done yet, leech!" Darlene said in anger when Sierra overtook her after washing its hands. "What are you to Spencer again? Friend?" She grabbed Sierra by the shoulder and presented her with force so that the girl is now facing her again. "Is this what you called friendship?" Darlene asked before touching and swiping her cellphone screen then placing it near Sierra's ear. "Listen."

"Kinaibigan ko lang siya dahil matalino siya saka para matulungan niya 'kong makapasa. Ayaw ko naman talaga sa kanya, masama ang ugali niya." Sierra heard Spencer's voice in Darlene's cellphone. She wasn't sure what she was hearing but that recorded audio file had a powerful effect on her. She was hurt by those words she heard even more, knew that it was Spencer who said it.

"..."

"He just used you, that's the fact. Illusionistic!" Face to face said by Darlene with a sense of pride and insult the way she delivered those phrases.

"That's not true." Those were the words that came out of Sierra's trembling mouth. Stooping and only tiles of the comfort room where Darlene and her standing- is what she's seeing and is what could see them.

"Are you really a dumbass, Sierra?" Darlene emphasized that offensive word. "I thought you're smart? Do you think Spencer will hit on you? Of course, he can't! That's why he wanted the two of you to be just friends, didn't he? Oops, I just forgot to say. We're officially dating. And if you still consider him a friend, know your place. Or better yet, you stay away from Spencer." Nothing could stop the words she wanted to inject into Sierra's mind.

"Why would I do that?" Sierra replied after raising her head and looking into Darlene's eyes right now.