› twenty-nine: mountains.

what is more unfair

then having to choose

between being a monster

or being a hero?

(—when you have to be both).

when you learn that

the road to hell

is paved with more

than just good intentions.

— you are not heads or tails; you are the coin. (m.a.w via dvoyd on tumblr)

———

“Cut it out, you dip-shit!”

—was all you heard as you ran towards Nezuko, Tanjirou, and Genya; the latter carrying a tree trunk and throwing it towards…something.

(You found it really interesting how Genya had the strength to throw a tree with his temporary demon abilities. You wondered if he had a Blood Art that could help in the future).

“The fifth body escaped!” Tanjirou told you, “It got away from its cocoon when we were fighting with that demon!”

You internally scowl as you follow Tanjirou’s line of sight, spotting the tiny demon that was scurrying away.

How bothersome.

You run past Genya, Nezuko, and Tanjirou—eyes never leaving the sight of the demon in front of you.

Although you were fast, you weren’t fast enough.

(Hah. Maybe Inosuke could’ve caught up with that shitty demon).

Come on, legs! Closer…!

“C’mon, (Name)! We’re getting closer to it!” Tanjirou shouts as he passes you, running ahead.

You almost trip out of surprise—what the actual hell? He was just behind you a second ago!

Your eyes shift over to him, then to his legs, eyes capturing the anatomy of his legs—the muscles, veins, bones; the way they’re moving, the way the blood is flowing to his veins…

(Sometimes, your sight can overwhelm you. But, in times like this, it’s truly useful).

I see. He’s focusing his breathing technique onto his legs to increase blood flow and oxygen.

Similar to Thunder Breathing.

Ugh, I’ll just use a technique to push me forward.” You mutter in between pants, grip tightening around the hilt of your sword. “Moon Breathing, Fourteenth Technique: Crescent Moon.”

In synchronization with Tanjirou, both of you lifted your swords—aiming for opposite sides of his neck, ready to finally behead the demon.

“I am pitiful! Can’t you see that?!” The demon roared, suddenly growing in size as it grabbed you with one and Tanjirou the other, squeezing your bodies.

Don’t panic. Don’t squirm.

“Your logic is so fucked up, you dumb shit!” Genya barked, crimson-colored eyes dilating into slits as he grabbed onto the hand that held you, trying to pry it open with his strength.