~Chapter Fifty Five~

When Will arrived in New York, as soon as he stepped off the private plane a wave of nostalgia washed over him. It was as though he had been taken back in time when he walked through the airport with his security team. And when he drove through the city with his brand new driver, immediately he felt more at home. 

There was nobody and nothing that he had to worry about, especially since he was alone now. He had a few months before the early admissions summer programme started, and he was going to make the most of the free time he had. Luckily for him, Xander left for New York a few days earlier than Will did, and was therefore already in the city. It was the day of his art exhibition, and they were both so excited to see the art he was showcasing. For some reason he was always so secretive about his work, but finally Will was going to see it. He must have been pretty amazing to have been given such a great opportunity. 

Enormous skyscrapers passed him by as he drove to his new place, hair waving frantically in the wind from the open window. If he was honest, he wasn't sure why his family left an eighteen year old to his own devices in a different country, but then he remembered that his parents were normally away from home for months at a time. 

The car came to a stop, and Will put his sunglasses over his eyes as someone opened the door for him. 

"Thank you," He muttered casually to his driver, seeing him leave to get his bags out of the boot. Most of his stuff had already been flown over from London, and his penthouse came furnished. His was on the top floor of the modern building, and in order to get into it you needed the code, as well as permission to walk past security who were guarding the entrance. 

"William Lockwood?" Security asked with a raise of his eyebrow, and he nodded, seeing the doors to the lobby open. Excitement bubbled in the pit of his stomach, and he saw the building manager waiting for him by the lift to his floor. After they had a small discussion about some of the building rules, as well as benefits, he was handed his brand new set of keys. 

His penthouse was on the very top floor, with one of the best views of the New York City skyline. It was already furnished, with soft furniture and expensive paintings that Will had hand picked himself, and his kitchen was state of the art. On the balcony there was a hot tub, and a seating area that allowed him to relax under the sun on warmer days. A steep staircase led to the second floor, which had three bedrooms, all with adjoining bathrooms and arched windows with views of the city. 

Sunlight shone through the large windows in the living room, making the room feel spacious and homey already. A fireplace was surrounded by three plush couches, and a large flat screen tv hung above it. That would be perfect for movie nights. Down the hall he had an office that was meant for studying when he eventually started his university classes, and everything about his penthouse was beautiful. It was all modern and brand new, a little too big for just one person. 

"Um, Mr Lockwood... There's a man downstairs who is here to see you," The doorman who was helping him with his bags informed him. 

Will raised an eyebrow. "Who is it?" 

"An Alexander Laman?" He nervously said, gulping when Will shot him a harsh glare. 

"Well send him up, please," Will requested forcefully. He was surprised Xander got here so fast, especially since he assumed it would take him a while to find the place. They didn't have a lot of time before they were leaving for Xander's art exhibition, but Will had to make sure that all of his stuff was brought up before he could leave the staff alone. As much as he loved that he had people to unpack for him, he didn't trust strangers with his personal belongings. After all he was the son of a billionaire, and he couldn't forget that.