~Chapter Fifty Two~

A/N: THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE SO IF YOU MISSED THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER PLEASE READ IT CAUSE ITS AN IMPORTANT ONE :)

As the needle pierced his skin, Will winced and clenched his fists by his side. Beside him someone laughed, and he opened his previously shut eyes to glare at them.

"God, I didn't think you were going to be this much of a little bitch about it," Jo joked. The tattoo artist chuckled, still focused on etching the ink into Will's skin. Curiously Jo peered at the tattoo in progress, which was placed on Will's right collarbone. When she asked if it had any meaning, Will refused to tell her but she didn't ask again, just in shock that he was getting one at all.

"I'm not being a little bitch," Will argued, but only proved her point further when he hissed in pain again. The piece on his skin wasn't big, so it didn't take the artist long to finish. As he slid off the black, leather chair, he caught a glimpse of his new appearance in the mirror, grinning at the amazing turnout.

"Well, it looks great," Jo complimented. "But I'd love to know what it means."

"You'll find out at some point. Maybe I'll tell you if I visit again," Will said with a shrug, going to the counter to pay for the tattoo after the artist covered it up with the bandage.

It was a spur of the moment decision, but also something he had been planning on doing for quite some time now. He just never got around to it, afraid that for some reason he would regret it and have to go through the pain of getting it lasered off. However he had a feeling that this was something he wouldn't ever regret.

When he called Jo and asked her to come with him, at first she thought he was joking. But then he admitted that he was serious, and suddenly she found herself sat in a shop watching Will hand over what he wanted to the artist. He was very specific about it, too.

"I still can't believe you're leaving." She frowned, watching Will slide his card into the machine, typing in his pin number, the payment going through.

"Thanks for everything, you did an amazing job," Will sincerely thanked the artist, who told him to come back soon. "I leave next week, so you'll have to get used to life without me." He turned his attention to Jo, who was opening the shop door and walking out into the cool air. Outside the breeze was cold, and they both shivered at the change in temperature. It was now April, and the weather was so unpredictable that honestly Will was excited to leave just for that reason.

They walked along the high street, Will pulling out his pack of cigarettes from his back pocket. He pulled out a smoke and a lighter, cupping one hand around the spark to create a flame, before finally lighting it and bringing it to his awaiting lips. Inhaling deeply, smoke filled his lungs that immediately calmed him, and he breathed out the rest of his worries.

"You smoke?" Jo stopped in her tracks, mouth gaping at the sight of her seemingly innocent friend submit to the cancer stick.

"I used to. Then I quit. Then I started again," He explained casually, shrugging as he flicked off the excess ashes, before inhaling again.

"U-Used to?" Jo repeated.

Will nodded. "Want one?" He offered, holding out the pack that was already half gone despite him only buying them last night. Shaking her head in refusal, she swallowed the lump in her throat and they continued walking.

"You used to smoke?" She reiterated.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Because you're so..."

"Innocent?" He laughed incredulously, but she didn't seem to find it funny. "Oh c'mon Jo, you can't seriously believe that?"