Chapter 33

Marinette's P.O.V.

"Don't worry, Mon Étoile, we'll make something simple." Marinette consoled her boyfriend, she offered to make cauliflower Gratin, which has cauliflower covered in a white sauce and baked. She knew that Robin was familiar with blades and swords so she asked him to prepare the cauliflower while she prepared the bechamel sauce.

"Okay," Marinette began to explain to Damian as she prepared the cream sauce for their meal, "-cut off the stem." Damian did as he was told.

"Good. Now get the head, the part with that you are left with, and cut it in half." She heard Damian's knife hit the cutting board and turned to check that he'd been doing well so far, everything seemed good.

"Alright, now you are going to put the knife down and break the florets off. The florets are the little bunches that grew from the stem, so you see where the stem ends and goes into a bunch of smaller ones?" Damian nodded, "If you follow them to the bushy part at the top you'll see how each small stem makes up its own little part of it. Just grab the end of the stem and break it off." Marinette explained over her shoulder. She heard a soft snap as something fell into a bowl.

After ten minutes of steadily hearing a snap and something fall into the bowl, it stopped and Damian spoke,

"Alright, I finished." He brought the bowl to Marinette proudly and she nodded in approval,

"Great job, Dami. Now-" Marinette continued to instruct her boyfriend as she finished the bechamel sauce. Once the dish was assembled they placed the pan in the oven.

They waited half an hour before the food was ready and Marinette carefully removed the dish from the oven. The kitchen was filled with the smell of the creamy sauce and Damian attempted to try the hot food but Marinette swatted his hand away.

"Non! You are just like your brothers! It's hot, you have to wait. Let's get our plates and drinks." Marinette offered and that's what they did, she soon deemed the food cool enough to eat and served them their portions.

"Well done, Mon Étoile! These are perfectly sized." Marinette comments before she takes her first bite, Damian followed suit. They were eating and talking, relaxing until they heard someone walking down the halls. Jason walked into the kitchen in a bathing suit and a towel slung on his shoulder.

"Hey, what smells so good?" He asks trying to steal a piece of whatever was on Damian's plate.

"Damian and I made cauliflower gratin!" Marinette chirpily replies. Jason stopped just before the food went in his mouth and hesitantly sniffed the food.

"Demon spawn, the emotionless assassin, made this?" Marinette looked at Jason confused.

"Yes? I helped but he prepared the cauliflower. What was that abou-"

"Todd, all I did was break the pieces of cauliflower. Marinette did all the real cooking, it is safe." Damian interrupted with a look that Marinette didn't understand but Jason did, he began speaking animatedly.

"SO! How'd the portrait thing go? Demon spawn didn't screw it up? Did he?" Jason asked Marinette.

"No, I think it turned out well. Wouldn't you say so, Damian?"

"I think it was an adequate attempt. I intend to improve my skill before the next time I paint you." Damian smoothly said, embarrassing her.

"N-next time? Oh, don't be silly! You have that one, why would you need to paint me again?" Marinette asked, blushing heavily. Damian just rolled his eyes in mock annoyance before taking their plates to rinse and put them in the dishwasher. Damian led Marinette out of the room before telling Jason,