Turn the Light Off

Ana went into the district as the team was walking out of it. Hank grabs her hand as he passes her.

"Henry, what's happening?" Ana wondered.

"A massacre." He replied, grimly.

*Crime Scene/Bank*

Antonio, Ana, and Hank entered the vault room and were greeted by the sight of several guards lying in pools of their own blood. They walk over to Jay and Erin, who had split off to gather information.

"All right, where are we at so far?" Hank asked.

"The four guards are dead, and one guy's wounded." Jay informed.

"What'd they get?" Ana wondered.

"Eight million in cash." Erin answered as Antonio whistles at the huge amount. "International currency shipment from Nagano, Japan, headed down to the federal reserve on Lasalle. They cleared customs fine, and then the money came here to be loaded onto an armored car." She explained.

"Can the survivor tell us anything?" Sumner inquired.

"Yeah. The one guy that's stable is Lukas Perko. He's the warehouse manager and Eric Gonzalez, head of security." Jay replied.

"All right, you grab him. We'll talk to Perko." Hank instructed.

The two Sergeants and Antonio towards the man, who was sitting in a chair, being worked on by a paramedic due to the bullet wound in his shoulder.

"How you doing?" Hank wondered.

"I don't know. They say it's a through and through." Perko replied.

"Hey, can you give us a minute?" Ana requested, turning to the paramedic.

"Yes, ma'am." She nodded and walked away.

"What'd you see?" Hank questioned.

"Four of 'em. Black hoodie, masks, dark shades, bandanas. They lit the place up, man. It all happened just like that." Perko snapped his fingers.

"And where were you when they came in?" Ana inquired.

"I was in the john, and I come runnin' out. And I saw a gun swing my way. I heard sounds like firecrackers. I got hit. I dropped." He recalled.

"I guess they thought you were dead." Antonio speculated.

"Yeah, I guess." Perko agreed.

"Height? Weight? Anything else?" Hank pushed.

"I caught a glimpse of their foreheads and necks. Black guys, for sure." Perko assured.

A few minutes later, the team is regrouped a few feet from where Perko is being taken care of.

"What did you get from the security guy?" Hank inquired.

"He seemed in genuine shock." Sumer replied. "What about your guy?"

"Eight million reasons I can think of why one of 'em is lying." Hank responded.

"And another eight million that it's Perko." Ana added.

*District 21: Bullpen*

Jay is currently taping pictures to the board and writing names underneath them.

"All right, Perko's been with the company for two years. He's got no criminal record." He informed.

"He did have a Juvie one, though. Perko and his brother Dominik got pinched at 15 on a drug conspiracy for selling meth. He had a mandatory release at 18 and stayed on the straight and narrow, but the brother kept dealing for a Croatian gang, the Two-Threes. Hmm. Brother's currently serving eight years at Stateville." Erin added as Sheldon appeared next to a TV with the security footage on it.