At Least It's Justice

Ana and Hank are talking to Commander Perry in their office. The latter looks over at Jay, spotting the man at his desk.

"Halstead." He called, standing in the doorway.

Jay entered and Hank closed the door behind him. He glanced over at Ana, standing in the far right corner with a cigarette, masking her emotions with a blank look.

"Commander." Jay greeted.

"Halstead. Have a seat." Ron offered.

"I'll stand." The Detective decided.

"All right, after shift last night, where were you?" The Commander questioned.

"Home. Why?" Jay wondered, looking over at his Sergeants, but not getting an answer from either of them, just two blank looks.

"So you're telling us you didn't go out at all last night?" Ron asked in confirmation.

"I'm telling you that I watched the hawks game and I was in bed by midnight." Jay elaborated as the Commander showed him a photo.

"This was taken last night near Broadview and Cicero. The car's registered to Lonnie Rodiger." Ron showed him a second picture. "And that's you, two cars behind."

"Okay, so I happened to be driving home behind a pedophile." Jay shrugged.

"Well, your alleged pedophile was found dead this morning, Lafollette Park." Ron retorted.

"What?" Jay asked in disbelief.

"Someone tied a cord around his neck." Hank added.

"So I hope you have a better alibi than watching a hockey game, alone." Ana chimed in.

"Until this is straightened out, you're officially stripped." The male Sergeant held his hand out while Jay gave him his gun and badge.

"So expect a call from Internal Affairs. They're going to want to interview you as soon as possible." Ron informed.

"You mean an interrogation." Jay corrected, angrily.

"You know how this works, son. " Ron reminded him and the Detective stormed out of the Office in reply.

*Crash Site*

Ana decided to head down to 51 for a bit. The Firehouse is her go to place if things at the District got too stressful. This was one of those times.

Squad 3 got called into a car crash and Ana decided to tag along.

(A/N I like to think that she's not really assigned to a truck and can choose whether or not to go and help when someone or all gets called in)

An elderly lady hadn't seen a guy turning and rammed right into his driver's side door. The lady is led away by Kevin while Ana, Kelly, and Peter Mills approach the vehicles.

"Old lady plows her boat through an intersection, and she's the only one without a scratch." Peter smiled at the irony as Kelly hopped onto the hood of the lady's car to have better access to the man.

"Hey, sit tight. We're going to get you out of there." He assured.

Another firefighter attached a wench to the back of the lady's car and the firetruck reverses, pulling the car away, giving Kelly, Ana, and Peter room to work.

Peter uses the jaws to pry the jammed door open and Ana pulled it the rest of the way. Before she can say anything, the driver punched her and ran off.

"Hey, the driver of this car, he decked Ana!" Kelly shouted to Kim and Kevin, checking on Ana's now bruised face.