Stepping Stone (Pilot)

A/N Well here we go. Hope you enjoy.

~Princess <3

*Inside Car*

Sergeant Hank Voight sits in the back of his car as his suspect drives. The suspect's right arm seems to be injured and there's gash right above his left eyebrow. He looks at Hank through the rearview mirror.

"I don't know where I'm going." He stated.

"Just keep driving." Hank ordered.

"How am I suppose to hold the wheel like this? I can barely steer." He pointed out.

"You're doing fine." Hank assured.

"Voight. There's gotta be a deal we can make." He pleaded.

They approach the silos. One of two places Hank brings criminals to interrogate them. The first being the cage in the basement of District 21.

"Pull over here." Hank instructed.

Doing as he's told, they pull into the vacant area surrounding the silos and spot a short, brunette, hazel-eyed woman already there waiting for them. Her arms are crossed, sporting a brace on her right hand and a black leather glove on her left. She's wearing a black leather jacket and dark blue jeans. She's finishing off a cigarette, leveling a blank look at the suspect and following his every move as he gets out of the car, groaning and whimpering in pain.

Hank gets out of the back seat, grabs the suspect by the hair, and drags him towards the woman as she drops the cigarette stub and stomps it out.

"Ana, please-" He cuts off with a cry of pain as Hank's grip on his hair tightens and his head is yanked back.

"Don't you dare say her name." Hank growled as the suspect takes out a stack of cash.

"This is 4 grand. If you just let me-" Ana slapped the cash out of his hands and Hank smacked him across the face.

"Shut up." He hissed. "Come here." Hank pulled the suspect closer to him. "I got 3 dead kids who OD'd." He growled, kicking and kneeing him in the stomach.

As the suspect groans in pain, Hank pulls out his gun, clicks the safety off, and puts it against his cheekbone. "So my wife's gonna ask you one more time. If you don't answer correctly, I'm gonna blow your brains out." He threatened as Ana steps forward.

"Who's spreading the tainted product?" She questioned.

Fearing for his life, the suspect gives up the name Rev and that he does his business out of an Apartment on South Emerald. Hank puts the gun away, satisfied by that answer, as Ana picks up the stack of cash.

"Look at me." Hank ordered as he drew a line in the gravel with his foot. "You see that? You ever cross that line, the next trip you take will be to the bottom of the river. Stay out of our city."

Ana then takes a bill out of the stack and tosses it onto the suspect. "Bus fare." She smirked.

The couple then makes their way to the car. Hank gets in the driver's seat and Ana in the passenger's side. They share a kiss and drive back to the District.

*21st District*

The couple enter the District and spot Desk Sergeant Trudy Platt on the phone. She nods to Commander Ron Perry's office, signaling that he's inside and wants to talk. The couple shares another kiss before Hank goes to tell Ron about the newfound information and Ana walks up to the bullpen.

*Bullpen (A few minutes later)*

Ana is leaning against the Break Room entrance lost in her thoughts about the case. Her head snaps up at the sound of her husband's unique, gravelly voice. Hank begins informing the team on what the couple got from the suspect. Once he's finished, he looks around before speaking again.