0

"Hi, I'm Zain," Zain says, rolling his eyes at the girl with the purple hair who turning towards him. She grins. "Zonked cause that's the closest I can get to describing myself with an adjective starting with z. Zebra. Za'atar or Zucchini if a spice doesn't count."

"Hi Zealous Zain," she says with a smirk. "I'm calling you that because I've never met anyone who's been more enthusiastic about welcoming games."

Zain snorts. "I might have to revise my opinion on this game. You sure have me down already thanks to this."

She laughs. "Well, you're pretty obvious. I'm Gemma by the way. Generous, gorgeous, groundbreaking, genuine, gifted, godlike, gallant, genius, giving, glorious, groovy, gleaming, grand, gemmed which is already in my name. The greatest. There's loads of words with g that apply to me."

"Gross? Gaga? Gauche? Ghastly? Generic?" Zain asks and she laughs.

"You're just jealous of the amount of adjective that apply to me, Zesty Zain."

"Incredibly jealous," Zain nods sarcastically. "What animal are you then? Gorilla? Giraffe?

"Goldfish," Gemma says with a wink. "Cause gold is like, almost a gemstone, don't you think?"

"I mean... no."

She laughs again, eyes sparkling. "I like you. See? This game is really helping us along. What was the other question?"

"Food," Zain sighs, looking towards the tutor who is busy staring at his phone, clearly just making them play this game to not have to deal with them.

"Gelato," Gemma says.

"Pretentious," Zain says. "That's just ice cream."

"Alright," Gemma says, rolling her eyes. "I'll be boring grapes."

"You could be garlic," Zain says. "Or grapefruit. We could be zesty together."

Gemma laughs. "Zesty grapefruit can be our shipname!"

"What's a shipname?" Zain asks, frowning at her.

Gemma slaps his arm in disbelief. "Like, two people as a pair. You know. A portmanteau of their names usually. You've heard of Brangelina, right? Like, we could be Zamma or Zemma or Gain."

"Gain," Zain laughs. "Wouldn't it be Ge-ain? Jane? But yea, Brangelina. Everyone's heard about that. Zesty grapefruit isn't a portmanteau though, it's just random words put together."

"Well, we'd be special, obviously. We are special," Gemma says with a resolute nod.

"Alright, I accept," Zain says, offering her his pinky. "You should buy me a Guinness first though. Which also could have been your food."

"Show off," Gemma says, hooking her finger through his and shaking their hands up and down. "But yea, let's go to the pub after. I need a drink. This is the fourth class this week making me do this."

"Tell me about it," Zain nods. "I thought uni would be less like kindergarten to be honest.

Gemma laughs. "Maybe we're already that age where we turn back into children? You know, second diaper age."

"You're disgusting," Zain laughs. "Oh, looks like he's done with instagram," he adds, jerking his chin in the direction of the tutor who has hopped off the table and is looking at them expectable.

"Hurray," Gemma says unenthusiastically and smiles at him before turning around.

💟

...gemma and zain as bffs what else can i say? don't judge the title, maybe inspiration will hit one day and i will think of something better 🤦‍♀️