Prologue

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, but everyone refuses to believe in magic." - Jefferson, Once Upon A Time.

___________________

All the stories are true.

All the stories that you were told as a child, the ones you learned to love; Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella. They're true.

Even the stories that you were told so you'd get scared; stories told during bonfires to give you the chills. Stories about demons and evil. They're true.

There are two sides to this world. There's the one we live in; one where we all live our lives peacefully until the day we die. Unfortunately, that side is a lie, a facade, because of the other side. The other side is a mystery, one filled with magic.

Ironically, the other side also has two sides to it. It has good magic, and it had dark magic.

There are guardians, who have good magic and use that magic to protect humanity from demons. They have angel blood in them. They're good, pure.

Then there are demons who have dark magic and don't hesitate to kill and destroy everything they touch. They're cursed guardians.

And then there are the ones who are in the middle, hybrids, who are half demon and half guardian/angel. A hybrid is more powerful than an army of guardians or an army of demons.

History says that guardians and demons have been at war for thousands of years.

It wasn't always like this, war.

There was a time when guardians and demons got along, but no one has lived to tell how peaceful the other side used to be because of that fact.

Most demons weren't always demons. They were the protectors, they were guardians once too. That was until they were cursed by The Greater Demon, the head of the underworld. They say that all curses can be broken. And they can be, but no one has found a way how to break that curse. No one.

War started because of the birth of first hybrid ever. A guardian and a demon were in love, and from their love, something even greater than the both of them was born. The affair and the child were seen as an abomination, and it came to be forbidden.

The guardian, the demon and the first hybrid ever were killed. But that didn't stop the birth of many, many more hybrids. Once some guardians and demons saw how powerful a hybrid is, they wanted one of their own.

There was a period in time called The Hybrid Age, where the population of hybrids started spinning out of control. They were the biggest threat to the world, for they inspired war, and death.

Over the years, though, all hybrids started to be targeted and killed.

Hybrids are now almost extinct.

Guardians have always won and will always win against demons.

But, there is a bigger war expected, one that will wipe out humanity, and magic. Or so, that's what everyone says.

All the myths, legends, stories, all of it is true.

I should have once given a thought to all of that.

________

VOTE?

COMMENT?